David Bernstein has extensive financial and operating experience. He was previously an associate in the Restructuring Advisory team of a corporate restructuring and investment banking firm. From 2012 to 2015, he worked at a private alternative-asset management firm as an analyst, where he developed dynamic cash-flow models and performed ad hoc financial forecasting and analysis for senior leadership.
Mr. Bernstein’s representative engagements include:
- Supported chief restructuring officer, working with a global apparel manufacturer, assisting in assessment of cash forecasting and liquidity management processes, and evaluating strategic alternatives. In addition, led bankruptcy preparation and filing process and supported ad hoc initiatives throughout the eventual wind-down of the estate.
- Worked with private equity sponsor in an effort to recapitalize a media-content supplier delivering second-tier independent product to large retailers.
- Built integrated model by program, sensitized projections, and analyzed free cash flow to access feasibility of initiatives for a not-for-profit secondary-education provider. Negotiated refinancing with bondholders and provided multiyear runway to achieve strategic plan.
- Managed liquidity throughout a distressed sales process, including 13-week cash-flow and borrowing base projections, weekly lender communications, and ultimate liquidation via a UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) Article 9 sale of a boutique apparel wholesaler.
- Assisted senior lenders to large aluminum manufacturer in monitoring covenant compliance and ABL refinancing process.
BS, Accounting & Finance
Carl Marks Advisors
2015 - 2016
AMERRA Capital Management
2012 - 2015
Grant Thornton, LLP
2010 - 2012
Certified Public Accountant, New York