David Bernstein has extensive financial and operating experience with distressed, underperforming, and transitioning businesses. He joined BRG from the restructuring advisory practice of a corporate restructuring and investment banking firm. From 2012 to 2015, he worked for a private direct lending platform as an analyst, where he developed dynamic cash-flow models and performed ad hoc financial forecasting and analysis for senior leadership and investors.
Mr. Bernstein’s representative engagements include:
- Served as project lead throughout the Chapter 11 process of an omni-channel footwear brand, managing the operations of the business throughout the case as well as continuously working to achieve an equitable solution amongst the various stakeholders involved.
- Supported chief restructuring officer, working with a global apparel manufacturer, assisting in cash forecasting and liquidity management, and evaluating strategic alternatives. In addition, led bankruptcy preparation and filing process and supported ad hoc initiatives throughout the eventual wind-down of the estate.
- Worked with private equity sponsor in an effort to recapitalize a media-content supplier delivering second-tier independent product to large retailers.
- Built integrated model by program, sensitized projections, and analyzed free cash flow to access feasibility of initiatives for a secondary-education provider. Negotiated refinancing with bondholders and provided multiyear runway to achieve strategic plan.
- Managed liquidity throughout a distressed sales process, including 13-week cash-flow and borrowing base projections, weekly lender communications, and ultimate liquidation via a UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) Article 9 sale of a boutique apparel wholesaler.
BS, Accounting & Finance
Carl Marks Advisors
2015 - 2016
AMERRA Capital Management
2012 - 2015
Grant Thornton, LLP
2010 - 2012
Certified Public Accountant, New York