Bradford Cornell is a financial economist and a leading expert on valuation. Over more than forty years, Prof. Cornell has taught courses on, written books and scholarly papers on, and testified in a wide variety of legal matters involving valuation, damages, and securities.
Prof. Cornell has provided testimony and expert analysis in some of the largest and most widely publicized finance-related cases in the United States. His clients have included AT&T, Berkshire Hathaway, Bristol-Myers, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, General Motors, Goldman Sachs, Merck, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Orange County, CA, Price Waterhouse, Verizon, Walt Disney, and various agencies of the US government.
Prof. Cornell was the Bank of America professor of finance at the Anderson Graduate School of Management, where he is currently an emeritus professor. He taught at the California Institute of Technology for nine years. At those institutions, he taught courses on applied corporate finance, investment banking, corporate valuation, and security analysis. He is developing a new course, Energy, Climate Change, and Finance, at the UCLA Anderson School of Management. He received his bachelor’s degree, master’s degree in statistics, and PhD in financial economics from Stanford University.
Prof. Cornell has published more than 125 articles on a wide variety of topics in applied finance, investments, and valuation. He is the author of Corporate Valuation: Tools for Effective Appraisal and Decision Making (Business One Irwin), The Equity Risk Premium and the Long-Run Future of the Stock Market (John Wiley), and Conceptual Foundations of Investing (John Wiley). He is a past director and vice president of the Western Finance Association and a past director of the American Finance Association.
Prof. Cornell is also a senior advisor to Rayliant Global Investors and to the Cornell Capital Group. In both capacities, he provides advice on fundamental investment valuation.
PhD, Financial Economics
AB, (Interdepartmental) Physics, Philosophy, and Psychology
News & Insights
- ValueWalkMarch 13, 2020
- ValueWalkFebruary 28, 2020
- ValueWalkJanuary 13, 2020
- ValueWalkJanuary 6, 2020
- UCLA Anderson School of ManagementDecember 31, 2019
- ValueWalkDecember 30, 2019
- Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLADecember 19, 2019
- ValueWalkNovember 29, 2019
- ThinkSetNovember 14, 2019
- Bloomberg EnvironmentNovember 13, 2019
- UCLA Anderson School of ManagementJuly 29, 2019
- UCLA Anderson School of ManagementFebruary 27, 2019
- The Business Lawyer 74Spring 2019
- The AtlanticMay 27, 2011
- Tulane Law Review 81:443December 2006
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- September 21, 2020
News & Commentary
- Boston GlobeMarch 25, 2020
- CNN BusinessMarch 2, 2020
- FortuneJanuary 10, 2020
- BRG press releaseNovember 15, 2019
- Law360October 18, 2019
- ThinkSet Podcast: Bradford Cornell - Climate Change, Energy, and Finance more...