Anita McAllister, PharmD, is a strategic and solutions-based pharmacy expert with over thirty years providing direction and insight as a practicing pharmacist and consultant to the pharmacy profession and pharmaceutical industry. She has demonstrated expertise in identifying productive and cost-effective means of enhancing the procurement and delivery of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy services to hospitals and health systems. Her services focus on expense reduction, while maintaining or increasing quality of care, revenue enhancement, and enhanced scope of pharmacy services. Her scope of services includes formulary management, clinical pharmacy service-line development, DRG-based total cost of care comparisons, 340B program integrity and optimization, contract pricing maximization, enhanced Transitions of Care programs, and billing for pharmacy cognitive services.
Ms. McAllister’s representative engagements and expertise before joining BRG | Prism included:
- Evaluation of revenue-generating opportunities for pharmacy (retail, specialty, MTM, billing).
- Gap analysis of medication use and medication reconciliation processes.
- Significant clinical training and engagement with physicians, department leaders, and Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee members to implement clinically sensitive initiatives in areas including anesthesia, blood utilization management, cardiology, infectious disease, respiratory, nephrology, oncology, and maternal care.
- Founder/owner of a pharmaceutical and pharmacy care services company, which also focuses on anesthesia and blood management.
- As a director at a nationally known healthcare consulting firm, managed client teams and completed assessments and implementations for academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, community hospitals, and critical access hospitals. The scope of service included operational, clinical, procurement, contracting, GPO, 340B, retail/outpatient pharmacy services, reimbursement, anesthesia, and cell salvage/blood management.
- As vice president of Business Consulting for a pharmacy outsource management company, built a traditional pharmacy consulting offering while improving the assessment process for pharmacy management (or outsourcing) service line.
University of Arkansas Medical Science College of Pharmacy
New York Medical College
Greenwich Hospital Pharmacy Residency, Greenwich, CT
Prism Healthcare Partners
Pharmaceutical Care Options, LLC
Huron Healthcare Consulting
McKesson Medication Management
Vice president, Business Consulting
Associate director – Healthcare
Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
Manager – Healthcare
Award, Hospital Pharmacy Resident of the Year, sponsored by Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals
Member, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
Member, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
Member, North Carolina Association of Pharmacists (NCAP)
Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Chair, UAMS College of Pharmacy Dean’s Advisory Council
Licensed in CT, NY, AR, and NC