Mauricio Boynard has experience as a high-level executive in contract and claim management and technical training.
He has expertise in accounting, financial mathematics, contract management, resolution of claims, contract disputes, and litigation support. He is a mechanical engineer with more than twenty years of experience in operational management and industrial maintenance, as well as technical consulting and project development.
Mr. Boynard has worked on large and complex project development and project management matters for major international clients. He has developed projects in Asia, Europe, the Americas, and Africa. His international development project experience includes:
- Analysis of project specifications and implementation of measures to ensure compliance with budget, schedule, quality, safety, and customer expectations.
- Program management involving multiple contracts for value adjustments due to changes in work scope and fines related to noncompliance with contract provisions
- Critical budget analysis, including confirmation of equipment delivery and approval of materials consistent with market prices
- Identification of resource requirements and alternative suppliers for expedition of work when necessary
- Earned-value analyses, including monitoring of schedule progress, productivity, and earned budget to ensure contract adherence.
- Administration of contract requirements and construction activities
Mr. Boynard has program and project management experience in power generation (thermal and wind); NR-13 (Brazilian regulation on boilers and pressure vessels); construction; onshore/offshore maintenance; oil and gas (onshore/offshore); refineries; steel plants; ports; shipyards; railroads; and subway routes. His project management experience includes:
- MEP Production Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Operational Management (highly proficient in logistic and project risk analyses in the marine segment)
- Construction and Assembly Management
- Contract Compliance and Cost Management
- Claim and Dispute Resolution Management (preparation and defense)
- Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Management
- Quantity Surveyor Management
- Schedule (delay) Recovery Management
- Offshore Project Management
- Upstream, Midstream, and Downstream Project Management (oil and gas)
Areas of Expertise
Universidade Santa Úrsula, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
B.S., Mechanical Engineering
Who’s Who Legal: Global Leader, Experts – Construction – Quantum & Delay 2019