Huy Tran is a director with BRG Corporate Finance’s restructuring practice. He has over fifteen years of experience in advisory and management roles and has worked in industries including technology, ecommerce, logistics, retail, and consumer packaged goods (CPG).
Mr. Tran is experienced in creating highly effective finance teams and processes. Before joining BRG, he was the vice president of finance for a publicly traded ecommerce fulfillment and distribution company, where he led the FP&A function and implemented monthly business reviews across multiple business units. Mr. Tran also authored the company’s revenue recognition policy and led all strategic financial initiatives, including integrations and divestitures. His engagements have included a successful turnaround for a specialty retailer, where he provided planning and transaction support to management through a sale process.
Mr. Tran’s selected management experience includes:
- Vice president of finance for a publicly traded e-commerce company. He was a comprehensive financial statement performance manager with expertise in forecasting, revenue recognition, and M&A.
- Finance manager for a global CPG company. He helped build a team to support global sales forecasting, trade spend management, new product ROI, customer and product profitability, and SKU rationalization studies.
Mr. Tran’s selected transaction experience includes:
- Business plan review and refinancing of a $500 million automotive parts manufacturer
- Section 363 sale of a flash storage technology business
- Chapter 11 restructuring of a 1,200-store retailer with $800 million in liabilities
- Restructuring and go-private transaction of a $150 million technology/ecommerce business
- Divestiture/carveout of a $500 million retail distribution business
- Solvency opinion for a $200 million dividend recap for a leading online advertising company
Areas of Expertise
University of San Francisco
San Jose State University
B.S., Business Administration