Bruce Gordon, PharmD, RPH, brings more than twenty years of experience leveraging frontline pharmacy expertise to reduce hospital and health system expenditures by optimizing patient care and operations.
Before joining BRG, he was a principal and practice leader responsible for managing pharmacy assessment and implementation engagements for a national consulting firm.
In addition, Mr. Gordon has eleven years of experience as the assistant director of Clinical Pharmacy Services for an acute care hospital and three years of experience as a regional clinical pharmacy coordinator. He also led the Medication Safety Consulting practice at a national consulting firm for five years.
Mr. Gordon has served as an adjunct assistant professor for the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy, is a registered pharmacist with the Maryland Board of Pharmacy, and has held multiple state and national professional pharmacy leadership positions.
Mr. Gordon’s representative engagements and expertise before joining BRG included:
- Led assessment and implementation engagements, including pharmacy operations, clinical operations, and hospital medication error; and facilitated academic, professional, and regulatory bodies in approaches to medical error.
- Managed medication safety, pharmacy operations, and supply chain cost management programs for both multihospital groups and systems.
- Identified and implemented labor and non-labor cost reduction, pharmacy operations and medication safety strategies, and group purchasing organization contracts.
- Created and advised others in the use of analytical tools to assess situations and develop recommendations to enhance systems and reduce costs.
- Developed and implemented clinical pharmacy services programs, including the Medication System Analysis Program, Clinical Intervention Documentation Program, Anesthesia Medication Use Project, Radiologic Contrast Dye Analysis, and Erythropoietin Cost-Savings and Reimbursement Project. The programs produced a return on investment of three to fifteen times the facility participation cost in the five-hospital pilot program.
- Managed hospital projects, including formulary evaluations and recommendations, JCAHO preparation, hospital comparative database benchmarking and resource utilization, clinical pathway development, clinical protocols, antimicrobial stewardship, and educational lectures.
BRG Healthcare Partners
Pharmacy Consulting practice lead
BD Healthcare Consulting & Services
Director, Medical Safety Consulting
University of Maryland
Assistant professor, Clinical Pharmacy
Regional clinical pharmacy coordinator
Northwest Hospital Center
Assistant director, Clinical Pharmacy Services
Areas of Expertise
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Doctor of Pharmacy