BRG Professionals Recognized as Leading Experts in International Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2016
Berkeley Research Group continues to increase its market share in international arbitration, with nine of the firm’s experts recognized as leading individuals in the field, including one of the five most highly regarded experts in Europe. With Asia playing an increasingly prominent role in the international arbitration landscape, it is notable that following the launch of offices in Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney, BRG is the only firm with two experts based in the Asia-Pacific region recognized in the guide.
Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2016 recognized the following BRG experts:
- Chairman and Principal Executive Officer David Teece is “renowned throughout the market, across the world” for his expertise, particularly related to antitrust and intellectual property.
- “Everybody knows” Richard Boulton QC, chair of Berkeley Research Group (UK) Ltd and “a thought leader in this sector.” He is named as one of the “Five Most Highly Regarded Individuals” in Europe.
- Managing Director Bala Dharan in Boston has served more than 25 times as a testifying expert in litigation and arbitration matters and is “consistently well prepared, thorough and impressive.”
- Christopher Goncalves, a managing director in Washington, DC, and co-chair of BRG’s Energy practice, is “excellent, especially for energy-related matters” and has experience in proceedings under ICC, AAA, UNCITRAL and ICSID auspices.
- Mustafa Hadi, head of Disputes and International Arbitration, Greater China and North Asia, and leader of BRG’s Hong Kong office, is “highly rated.”
- Jonathan Humphrey, head of Disputes and International Arbitration, Australia and Southeast Asia, and leader of BRG’s Singapore and Sydney offices, is an “emerging force in the Australian market” and has experience in proceedings under UNCITRAL, ICC, LCIA, DIAC and HKIAC rules.
- Ben Nolan, a managing director in Pensacola, FL, is a “market-leading construction expert.”
- Managing Director Daniel Ryan is head of the London office and “very impressive” according to one client, who saw him in relation to a “very large claim” and felt “he did extremely well.”
- London Managing Director David Saunders is praised for his forensic knowledge, in particular in relation to the quantification of damages, and he has given oral testimony on 15 occasions both in the UK courts and to arbitral tribunals.