- AP, August 6, 2019
Harry Broadman comments on business pessimism and economic confidence in the wake of an escalation in the trade war with China.
- Financial Times, July 31, 2019
Stuart Witchell discusses reliance on financial records in China and other emerging economies, and accounting documentation during times of economic uncertainty.
- Luxury Daily, July 29, 2019
Keith Jelinek discusses results from a recent BRG Retail survey, which found that back-to-school shoppers are largely visiting bricks-and-mortar stores.
- BRG, July 26, 2019
Andrea Cardani has joined BRG's New York office as a Director in the firm’s Economics & Damages community.
- BRG press release, July 22, 2019
Eric Madsen has joined BRG as a managing director in the firm's Economics and Damages community.
- BRG press release, July 15, 2019
BRG Retail's 2019 back-to-school survey found that consumers are ready to visit brick-and-mortar stores.
- Journal of AHIMA, July 15, 2019
Kristen Geissler presented "Navigating Public Quality Report Cards" at the Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) Summit.
- BRG press release, July 9, 2019
The combined practice provides the expertise and scope of services to help healthcare providers improve financial, operational and clinical performance
- Modern Healthcare, July 9, 2019
- International Financial Law Review, June/July 2019
Harry G. Broadman discusses CFIUS, FIRRMA, and how corporates and investors should view the navigation of the CFIUS process as one of developing and executing an investment strategy that maximizes value and minimizes commercial and political risks.
- Forbes, July 7, 2019
David Teece discussed themes including innovation, capital markets, corporate governance, and securities regulation.
- BRG press release, July 2, 2019
- RecCycle Intelligence, July 2, 2019
John Kelliher discusses the impact of President Trump's executive order on health cost disclosure and the potential effect on hospital IT systems.
- Insider.co.uk, July 1, 2019
David Teece discussed how the relentless ability to innovate is the hallmark of the international market system and the true driver of prosperity.
- The Times (UK), June 30, 2019
The New Enlightenment Conference will reflect on Adam Smith’s view of the foundations of capitalism, amid the current rise of populist protectionist politicians.
- Bloomberg Law, June 28, 2019
Jeffrey Cramer discusses former NSA Michael Flynn's replacement of his longtime criminal defense attorneys and potential to receive a pardon.
- UC Berkeley Haas press release, June 26, 2019
In the spirit of Adam Smith, leading policymakers, academics, and business leaders will come together for a major international event, The New Enlightenment.
- HealthTech, June 26, 2019
Bill Orrell comments on length of stay, patient satisfaction, and how emergency departments can use staffing analytics to help balance the cost of running the ED.
- BRG press release, June 25, 2019
Adam Mantzos has joined BRG as a London-based Managing Director in the firm’s growing European Economic Regulation practice.
- CFO, June 24, 2019
Ben Fouracre discusses enforcement of laws and awareness of the legal risk associated with human trafficking, and the importance of transparency throughout the supply chain.
- BRG press release, June 17, 2019
BRG’s Energy practice announced the addition of members from Galway Group, LLC, significantly expanding the firm’s energy footprint.
- Report on Medicare Compliance 28:22, June 17, 2019
Stefan Boedeker discusses large overpayments based on extrapolations of small overpayment findings, statistical validity, and patient conditions and diagnoses in the healthcare environment.
- Labor and Employment Relations Association, June 16, 2019
David Lewin was a recipient of the annual LERA Fellow Award.
- Cherokee Global Brands Appoints Evan Hengel to Additional Role of Chairman of its Board of DirectorsCherokee Global Brands press release, June 12, 2019
Evan Hengel has been named chairman of the board of directors of Cherokee Global Brands, a global marketing platform that manages a portfolio of fashion and lifestyle brands.
- UtilityWeek, June 11, 2019
Colm Gibson discusses financial penalization of energy suppliers for breach of the UK Competition Act and anti-competitive behavior.
- Bloomberg Law, June 10, 2019
Ignatius Grande comments on attorneys using social media, and how inappropriate posts can lead to attorneys potentially getting sanctioned or disciplined by their state bar.
- UCLA Anderson Review, June 5, 2019
- Accounting Today, June 5, 2019
Beth Seger, a managing consultant in BRG’s Washington, DC, office, recently received the Virginia Society of CPAs' Top 5 Under 35 award.
- New York Times, June 4, 2019
Harry Broadman comments on rising prices of food in China, perceptions of inflation, and the potential for workers at state-owned companies to demand higher wages.
- BRG Corporate Finance, June 4, 2019
- BBC The World Tonight, May 31, 2019
Harry Broadman discusses China's "unreliable entities" list, the potential strategy of Chinese authorities, and the trade war between China and the United States.
- CNN, May 31, 2019
Harry Broadman comments on China's "counterpart targeting" of foreign companies and trade tensions between China and the United States.
- BioWorld Med Tech 23:103, May 29, 2019
Stuart Witchell comments on the censure of Golden Meditech by the Hong Kong stock exchange and the potential for future fundraising, finance activities, and due diligence checks.
- BRG, May 29, 2019
Eight CHROs from major companies met to share leading practices and discuss topics of mutual interest based on an agenda created through advance interviews.
- Pensions & Investments, May 27, 2019
- May 23, 2019
Alyson Wooten has joined BRG as an Associate Director in the Health Analytics practice based in Washington, DC, and Atlanta.
- Becker's ASC Review, May 23, 2019
Henry Miller discusses topics including the shift from inpatient to outpatient procedures, potential strategies for ambulatory surgery centers looking to increase patient collections, and hospitals buying ASCs.
- Wall Street Journal, May 22, 2019
Christopher Goncalves comments on an initial agreement for Saudi Arabian Oil Co. (Aramco) to purchase US liquefied natural gas from Sempra Energy.
- BRG press release, May 20, 2019
John Brock has joined BRG as a Managing Director and healthcare industry leader in the firm’s Transaction Advisory practice.
- Global M&A Network, May 20, 2019
Christopher Kearns received the Consultant of the Year – Restructuring award at the Turnaround Atlas Awards Gala.
- Becker's Hospital Review, May 17, 2019
BRG has agreed to acquire the equity ownership of Prism Healthcare Partners in a deal targeted to close in early June.
- BRG press release, May 14, 2019
BRG has agreed to acquire the equity ownership of Prism Healthcare Partners Ltd., subject to the completion of due diligence and documentation.
- China.org.cn, May 13, 2019
David Teece discusses how companies need complementary assets and dynamic capabilities to profit from innovation.
- Wall Street Journal, May 13, 2019
Walter Mix comments on guidance from FinCEN about how anti-money laundering laws may apply to virtual currency firms.
- Forbes, May 13, 2019
Kieran Brown discusses the approach by government and regulators to tech, and blockchain in particular; collaboration with entrepreneurs; and the potential benefits of blockchain.
- Modern Healthcare, May 11, 2019
Modern Healthcare discusses BRG’s recently announced agreement to purchase the ownership equity of Prism Healthcare.
- BRG press release, May 2, 2019
Ian Mackie will lead a new Real Estate & Fixed Asset Valuation practice in the EMEA region to provide comprehensive valuation, advisory and consulting services for real estate owners, investors and lenders.
- Misonix press release, May 2, 2019
BRG Valuation Services provided a fairness opinion to the Board of Directors of Misonix in connection with the proposed transaction.
- Healthcare Finance, May 1, 2019
Bryan Cote comments on the potential to curb opioid misuse, improved access to care, and the acute emergency community.
- BRG press release, April 26, 2019
BRG's Construction Technology Advisory Practice (CTAP) professionals possess world-class expertise in project planning, data analytics, simulation and forensics. They advise on strategies to mitigate risks and achieve measurable and sustainable positive outcomes.
- Law360, April 19, 2019
Harry Broadman comments on global mergers and acquisitions activity and market volatility.
- BioWorld MedTech 23:75, April 18, 2019
Stuart Witchell comments on competitive pricing in and government regulation of healthcare, and the potential for multinational firms to avoid providing products in India.
- BRG press release, April 18, 2019
Steven Parker has joined BRG as a principal and head of the firm’s Financial Investigations and Regulatory Compliance for Greater China and Asia–Pacific, based in Hong Kong.
- BRG press release, April 16, 2019
Kenny Grant has joined BRG as a managing director based in Boston. He is an energy economist who provides advisory services, privileged consulting and expert witness testimony for energy clients in the oil and gas and electric power sectors.
- BRG, April 15, 2019
Kieran Brown addressed an EU Blockchain Observatory workshop and discussed the emergence and convergence of emerging technologies.
- Institutional Limited Partners Association, April 11, 2019
- Whose Role Is It Anyway? Debating the Upsides and Downsides of Party- or Tribunal-Appointed Experts in ArbitrationsBRG, April 8, 2019
Mustafa Hadi took part in a panel discussion on the appointment of experts in arbitrations at the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC).
- BRG press release, April 5, 2019
BRG actively participated in the formation of this global initiative and will use the platform to inform the development of innovative policy frameworks, regulatory directives and best-practice use cases for improving public services.
- Bloomberg, April 5, 2019
Christopher Goncalves discussed pricing of LNG, risk management strategy, and coal-fired generation.
- BRG Energy Launches LNG Wayfinder and LNG Horizon, Cloud-Enabled Market- and Price-Analytic and Forecasting ServicesBRG press release, April 1, 2019
BRG has launched LNG Wayfinder and LNG Horizon to provide historical and forecast analysis of global gas and LNG prices, pricing conditions, arbitrage conditions, production, demand and trade.
- VOA News, March 29, 2019
Harry Broadman comments on recent action CFIUS has taken regarding foreign investments in US-based businesses.
- Becker's ASC Review, March 28, 2019
Henry Miller discusses ambulatory surgical center payment trends and challenges and changes facing the ASC payer landscape.
- GIR, March 27, 2019
John Auerbach describes the demand for different approaches to compliance, understanding available data, and the evolution of regulators' understanding of risks.
- BRG press release, March 26, 2019
John Auerbach has joined BRG's Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice as a managing director based in New York.
- BRG press release, March 25, 2019
- BRG Corporate Finance, March 19, 2019
Nine CFOs and senior finance executives from a cross-industry community of major companies met by phone to share leading practices and discuss topics based on an agenda created by mutual interest.
- BRG Adds Prominent Emerging Markets Investment, Trade Negotiation, National Security and Competition Policy ExpertBRG press release, March 18, 2019
Harry G. Broadman, a globally renowned international economics and national security expert, private equity executive, and corporate governance and anti-corruption practitioner, has joined BRG as a managing director and will lead the firm's new Emerging Markets practice.
- BRG Professionals Ranked among Leading Digital Forensic Experts and Forensic Accountants in WWL Investigations 2019BRG press release, March 13, 2019
Experts from BRG were recognized among top global digital forensic experts and forensic accountants in Who's Who Legal’s (WWL) Investigations 2019 guide.
- Inter-American Dialogue Latin America Advisor, March 8, 2019
Frank Holder discusses Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaidó, state oil company PDVSA, and Citgo, the firm’s US-based refiner; and the potential for debt refinancing or default of corporate issued bonds.
- Things Remembered press release, March 8, 2019
BRG acted as the chief restructuring officer for Things Remembered in its acquisition by Enesco, LLC.
- Wall Street Journal, March 4, 2019
Walter Mix comments on banks with global operations and their investments in compliance-related technology, artificial intelligence, and employees with advanced training in areas such as data science.
- Private Funds Management 169, March 1, 2019
Federico Jost participated in the roundtable discussion “Visions of Valuation,” which was covered in the March 2019 issue of Private Funds Management.
- BRG Special Advisor Robert Rogowsky Recognized as a Top Economist and Anti-Dumping Consultant by WWL Trade and CustomsBRG press release, February 28, 2019
Robert Rogowsky has been recognized by Who's Who Legal in its Trade and Customs – Economists and Anti-Dumping Consultants list.
- The Deal, February 28, 2019
- BRG, February 27, 2019
HFM Alt Credit Intelligence named BRG “Best Valuation Service” provider for the second straight year.
- BRG press release, February 26, 2019
- BRG press release, February 20, 2019
London-based Director Michael Jelen was recognized as a top expert witness.
- Technology Transfer Tactics 13:2, February 2019
Bob Craig discusses litigation financing, the availability of funding at universities, and third-party analysis of case potential and risk.
- Unfiltered, February 14, 2019
David Teece discusses topics including the consulting industry, innovation and disruption, the potential for artificial intelligence, and investment.
- HealthLeaders, February 6, 2019
John Kelliher discussed President Trump's comments on healthcare and proposals on international reference pricing for Medicare Part B drugs and the use of rebates between drugmakers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers in Medicare Part D.
- Wall Street Journal, February 5, 2019
The article references a paper coauthored by Aaron Vandervelde, citing the drug distribution and payment process and estimates of the share of gross and net drug expenditures realized by manufacturers and other entities along the supply chain.
- BRG press release, February 1, 2019
- CFO, January 31, 2019
Elliot Fuhr discusses results of a recent survey of finance executives performed by BRG's CFO Solutions team.
- BRG, January 31, 2019
Colm Gibson has joined BRG as a London-based managing director in the firm’s European Economic Regulation practice.
- BRG press release, January 28, 2019
The M&A Advisor announced BRG as winner of the Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year (Under $500 million) in its 13th Annual Turnaround Awards.
- Bloomberg, January 28, 2019
Andreas Groehn discusses Germany's history of overruling domestic antitrust verdicts, after recent comments regarding merger approval from competition regulators.
- Miami Herald, January 28, 2019
The Miami Herald's "Movers spotlight" features BRG's recent addition of Richard Gregorie as a managing director in its Global Investigations and Strategic Intelligence practice.
- BRGCA press release, January 24, 2019
BRGCA, a New York-based provider of strategic advisory services including mergers and acquisitions, balance sheet restructuring/recapitalization, growth equity and debt placements, has deployed DealCloud.
- Department of Justice Veteran Richard Gregorie, Known for Noriega, Medellin Indictments, Joins BRG’s Global Investigations Practice in MiamiBRG press release, January 23, 2019
Richard Gregorie has joined BRG as a managing director in its Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice. Gregorie’s distinguished career with the US Department of Justice included numerous awards and high-profile prosecutions.
- The Deal, January 22, 2019
BRG was ranked third on the list of Top Restructuring Advisers in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables Power Rankings for 2018.
- Consulting Magazine, January 2019
Phil Rowley discusses leadership experience; the convergence of sales, marketing, and business development; and enhancing and empowering client success and sales enablement teams.
- BRG, January 2019
Seven CHROs from major companies met by phone to share leading practices and discuss topics of mutual interest based on an agenda created through advance interviews.
- Drug Topics, January 11, 2019
Edward Buthusiem discusses proposed congressional bills and FDA regulations that require pharmaceutical companies to disclose their prices in drug advertising.
- Law360, January 1, 2019
Walter Mix discusses the potential for revisions to the Community Reinvestment Act from the Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Marketplace, December 28, 2018
Keith Jelinek discusses customer bargain hunting, pricing and cost drops, and how holiday sales have increased but store earnings have decreased.
- Bloomberg, December 27, 2018
Neil Cornelius discusses the prospect of dry spells in Germany this summer and the impact that may have on European electricity prices.
- Global Competition Review, January 2019
Global Competition Review ranks BRG in the GCR 100 and among the top twenty competition economics firms in the world in the Economics 20.
- BRG press release, December 11, 2018
Nine BRG experts were recognized among top arbitration expert witnesses in Who's Who Legal (WWL) Arbitration 2019: Expert Witnesses Analysis list.
- BRG Corporate Finance, December 11, 2018
Eleven chief financial officers of major companies met to discuss tools and technology used to support growth.
- BRG press release, November 27, 2018
Jessica Huebner received the Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Standing Ovation award at the 2018 American Institute of CPAs FVS Conference.
- BRG press release, November 26, 2018
BRG announced that it was named as one of the top ten investigations consultancies in Global Investigations Review GIR 100 2018 guide.
- Chain Store Age, November 26, 2018
Keith Jelinek discusses year-over-year increases, sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and warnings about heavy promotional activity.
- Consultancy.org, November 19, 2018
Global Investigations Review listed BRG among the world's top ten consulting firms for forensics and investigations in the latest edition of the GIR 100.
- Dong A Ilbo, November 19, 2018
David Teece discussed dynamic capabilities, innovation and Agile strategies, and the competitiveness of Korean firms in the global market.
- Hitotsubashi University Business School School of International Corporate Strategy, November 16, 2018
- Energy Voice, November 16, 2018
Neil Cornelius discusses the potential impact of the draft EU withdrawal agreement on the offshore wind market in Scotland, the Brexit declaration, and future supply chain contracts in Scottish renewables.
- Part B News, November 15, 2018
John Kelliher discusses the potential for compromise, hearings on healthcare policy issues, and regulatory moves by the Trump administration.
- BRG Named Valuation Firm of the Year, Wins Top Honors for Private Equity Deal of the Year at M&A Advisor AwardsBRG, November 14, 2018
The M&A Advisor named BRG the 2018 Valuation Firm of the Year, and BRG also won Private Equity Deal of the Year ($50 million to $100 million) for transaction advisory financial and tax diligence.
- BRG press release, November 13, 2018
Philip Rowley has been named to Consulting magazine’s “The Global Leaders in Consulting” list in the category of “Excellence in Execution.”
- BRG, November 6, 2018
Gary Blackburn has joined BRG as a London-based managing director in the firm's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Construction practice, where he will advise on disputes in the construction and engineering industries.
- Cherokee Global Brands press release, November 1, 2018
Cherokee Global Brands announced that it has appointed Evan Hengel to the company’s Board of Directors.
- Financial Times, October 23, 2018
Stuart Witchell comments on due diligence related to private wealth banking, monitoring of changes, and capital outflows from China, especially related corruption or tax evasion activities.
- S&P Global | Platts, October 19, 2018
Christopher Goncalves discusses topics including US steel tariffs, the cost of new liquefaction facilities, and potential Chinese retaliatory tariffs on US LNG imports.
- Chicago Tribune, October 18, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer would act as principle deputy monitor for legal issues, collect data, and track the department's compliance.
- Forbes, October 17, 2018
Michael Sullivan discusses potential risks involved in assessing the health of a company’s technology, electronic health records, and the need to capture information in a more efficient way.
- October 12, 2018
- BRG Recognized by M&A Advisor as Finalist for 2018 Valuation Firm of the Year and in Five Deal CategoriesBRG press release, October 10, 2018
The M&A Advisor has selected BRG as a Valuation Firm of the Year finalist. In addition, BRG has been recognized as a finalist for its work in five deal categories.
- Healthcare Strategy Veteran Orlando L. Alvarez Jr. Joins BRG’s Healthcare Performance Improvement PracticeBRG press release, October 10, 2018
- Global Law Experts, October 10, 2018
Bob Lewis was named "Construction Expert Witness of the Year in Pennsylvania."
- BRG Expands International Arbitration Practice with Addition of Leading Experts Santiago Dellepiane and Daniela BambaciBRG press release, October 9, 2018
- BRG press release, October 9, 2018
- BRG, October 1, 2018
Dan Galante acted as Transaction CFO in Computacenter plc's acquisition of FusionStorm.
- BRG press release, September 20, 2018
David Teece has received the Strategic Management Society’s CK Prahalad Distinguished Scholar-Practitioner Award in recognition of excellence in the application of theory and research in practice.
- Global Arbitration Review, September 17, 2018
Heiko Ziehms was among delegates who discussed the German Institute of Arbitration (DIS) at GAR Live Frankfurt.
- BRGCA press release, September 13, 2018
BRG Capital Advisors is pleased to announce that Ravi Bhagavan will lead the firm’s Technology Investment Banking practice based in Los Angeles.
- BRG press release, September 11, 2018
Ben Fouracre has joined BRG's Tokyo office as a Director. Fouracre has been based in Japan for over ten years providing business risk and strategic consulting services throughout Asia–Pacific to both Japanese and multinational companies.
- California Management Review, September 5, 2018
Dynamic capabilities is a concept that pushes companies to integrate, build, and reconfigure internal competences to address radical shifts and changing environments.
- BRG, September 5, 2018
- BRG, September 1, 2018
Robert Rogowsky has joined BRG as a Special Advisor based in the firm's Washington, DC, office.
- Modern Healthcare, August 27, 2018
Modern Healthcare ranked BRG eighth among the largest healthcare management consulting firms, based on 2017 total healthcare revenue.
- Part B News, August 23, 2018
John Wagner discusses CMS' primary accountable care organization, the Medicare Shared Savings Program, and potential risk for participants and Medicare providers.
- Michael Cohen's Lawyer Says His Client Has Information about Trump 'That Should Be of Interest' to MuellerBusiness Insider, August 21, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Michael Cohen's plea deal with federal prosecutors and the potential for a cooperation agreement.
- Business Insider, August 21, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Paul Manafort's conviction on eight counts related to financial fraud and comments about illegal campaign and corporate contributions.
- BRG Capital Advisors, LLC Guides Atlys Global Finance, LLC on $500 Million Committed Senior Debt FacilityBRG press release, August 21, 2018
BRG Capital Advisors served as the advisor to Atlys Global Finance, which closed a $500 million committed senior debt facility with a large institutional investor for their Federal Contracting Financing Program.
- BRG press release, August 7, 2018
More than twenty BRG experts have been ranked among the top advisors across a range of areas in Who's Who Legal’s 2018 Consulting Experts guide.
- Business Insider, July 26, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the potential origination of payments discussed during a recently released recording featuring Michael Cohen and Donald Trump.
- BRG Study: Retail’s Hollow Victory: The Higher-Sales/Lower-Profitability Conundrum from Recent Sales GrowthBRG press release, July 25, 2018
Despite increasing sales in the fourth quarter of 2017, many retailers still face declining gross margin percentages and lower overall EBITDA.
- BRG Shortlisted for Best Valuations Firm for Hard-to-Value Assets at HFM US Hedge Fund Services Awards 2018BRG, July 25, 2018
The awards recognize providers of services and solutions to the hedge fund sector that have demonstrated exceptional innovation, customer services, and performance over the past twelve months.
- Computer Weekly, July 24, 2018
Mark Williams discusses UK telecom regulator Ofcom’s new proposals to better support investment in full-fiber broadband.
- Time, July 24, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Paul Manafort's defense strategy and the potential significance of a delay to the start of trial in his Virginia criminal case.
- Inside Higher Ed, July 20, 2018
Stefano Falconi discusses accrual accounting, actual spending, and institutions such as distressed colleges that are under financial strain.
- Part B News, July 16, 2018
David Wildebrandt discusses workplace and employee efficiency, physical wellness programs, and the potential for use of nonphysician practitioners.
- Bloomberg, July 12, 2018
Neil Cornelius comments on energy trading arrangements after Brexit, the relationship between the United Kingdom and European Union, and the potential for energy supply disruptions.
- Bloomberg, July 5, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer comments on Robert Mueller's resources and use of the DOJ in the special investigation of Russian interference with the 2016 election.
- BRG, June 11, 2018
Tigran Ter-Martirosyan has more than ten years of experience in financial consulting for international arbitration and litigation, and joins BRG’s EMEA-focused team and will have a particular focus on Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Bloomberg, June 10, 2018
Neil Cornelius comments on the role of interconnectors in the UK energy grid after Brexit, rules governing the flows of electricity and gas around Europe, and the potential to develop additional generation or increase gas storage to enhance supply security.
- BRG press release, June 7, 2018
The M&A Advisor’s International M&A Awards recognized BRG as among the firms advising on the Cross-Border Restructuring Deal of the Year (over $5 billion) in the restructuring of SunEdison Inc.
- BRG, June 6, 2018
- BRG, June 5, 2018
The ABA Health Law Section appointed Shana Logue as vice chair of its Publications Book Editorial Board.
- Managed Healthcare Executive, June 5, 2018
Edward Buthusiem comments on the Orphan Drug Act designation; the volume and costs of producing and selling orphan drugs; and the pending Closing Loopholes for Orphan Drugs Act.
- ABA Journal, May 2018
Andrew Demetriou has been nominated to replace an open seat on the American Bar Association's Board of Governors.
- BRG White Paper Cited in Trump Administration's “American Patients First" Plan on Prescription Drug PricesMay 11, 2018
Aaron Vandervelde and Eleanor Blalock's white paper Measuring the Relative Size of the 340B Program: 2012-2017 was cited in the Trump Administration's American Patients First plan on prescription drug prices.
- Labor and Employment Expert Dr. Chester Hanvey Publishes Definitive New Guide to Wage and Hour Legal ComplianceBRG press release, May 7, 2018
- BRG Advises Arizona State Retirement System in Acquisition of 50 Percent Stake in Mill Creek Residential Trust LLCBRG press release, May 2, 2018
- Politico, May 1, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's links with Russia.
- Bloomberg Podcast, April 27, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the legal case of President Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen.
- Business Insider, April 25, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer comments on the prospect of special counsel Robert Mueller preparing a report about Trump's actions in office and what that indicates.
- The Deal, April 16, 2018
BRG was ranked third by volume on the list of Top Restructuring Advisers in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables Power Rankings for Q1 2018.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, April 6, 2018
Michael Whalen comments on vacant roles at the Export-Import Bank and the potential for nominations and confirmations.
- Marlin Secures $300,000,000 Forward Flow Agreement to Expand Equipment Financing for Small BusinessesPress release, April 2, 2018
BRG Capital Advisors, LLC served as the exclusive advisor l to Marlin Business Bank.
- Future Tech podcast, April 2, 2018
Peggy Daley discussed technology, data security, and the potential for both insider and outsider data breaches.
- BRG press release, March 23, 2018
Michael Whalen brings more than twenty-five years of global experience in advising, structuring, and raising more than $20 billion in finance for capital-intensive infrastructure projects across the energy value chain and other infrastructure sectors
- Modern Healthcare, March 20, 2018
David Wildebrandt discusses integration processes of health systems, the regional board that will soon be instituted by St. Joseph Health for four Northern California hospitals, and governance by hospital-level local boards and community members.
- Bloomberg Politics, March 17, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer comments on former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian election meddling.
- Amberoon Joins with CeleritiFinTech's Hogan Core Banking System for Anti-Money Laundering InitiativesAmberoon press release, March 13, 2018
Walter Mix comments on money laundering and other forms of illegal financing in technology-enabled economies, and pressure on banks to ensure strict and ongoing compliance.
- BRG Launches Strategic Collaboration with Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of International Corporate StrategyBRG press release, March 8, 2018
BRG is pleased to announce the launch of a strategic collaboration with the Hitotsubashi University Graduate School of International Corporate Strategy (Hitotsubashi ICS) in Japan.
- Inter-American Dialogue Financial Services Advisor, February 22-March 7, 2018
Arnold Castillo discusses Latin American governments, potential mechanisms that provide legal stability for foreign investment, and infrastructure projects such as public-private partnerships.
- Who's Who Legal and Global Investigations Review, March 2018
Four BRG experts were recognized in Who’s Who Legal and Global Investigations Review's Investigations 2018, which provides an in-depth report into leading experts who stand out for exceptional work assisting companies and individuals on both external and internal investigations, as well as external enforcement proceedings.
- Bisnow, March 1, 2018
Keith Jelinek discusses customer privacy and consumer confidence, radio frequency identification (RFID), and deployment of cashierless technology.
- Associated Press, February 28, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses how distrust of prosecutors may affect rules on critical pre-trial motions, as well as potential scenarios for the corruption case against former US Rep. Aaron Schock.
- African Law & Business, February 27, 2018
Mark Williams discusses the election of Cyril Ramaphosa as president of South Africa, suspected corruption relating to the former administration, and the performance of the economy.
- Press release, February 27, 2018
Applied Composites has acquired San Diego Composites, a composites supplier. BRG served as financial adviser to AEI on the transaction.
- Research Center for Technological Innovation at Tsinghua University in Beijing, February 21, 2018
David Teece discusses sustainable competitive advantage, profiting from innovation, and strategic and innovation management.
- Bloomberg Markets, February 20, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Manafort and Russia investigations on "Bloomberg Markets: Balance of Power."
- Republicans Set Their Sights on a Familiar Target as They Investigate the FBI and Obama AdministrationBusiness Insider, February 13, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the Republican party's investigation into alleged misconduct, reports of election-meddling, and the question of collusion with Russia.
- BRG Corporate Finance Wins Distinction as Best Valuation Service Provider at the HFM Alt Credit Intelligence 2018 AwardsBRG press release, February 12, 2018
HFM Alt Credit Intelligence named Berkeley Research Group “Best Valuation Service” provider for 2018 at its annual award ceremony.
- IAM Magazine 87, January/February 2018
David Teece discusses the cost of short-term thinking around intellectual property rights and the potential effects on technological progress and creative and inventive activities and societies.
- LiveScience, February 9, 2018
Rick Chamberlain discusses the potential effects of leaving frack proppants, such as sand and ceramic particles, in fissures after fracking is done.
- Modern Healthcare, February 9, 2018
John Kelliher discusses recommendations by the White House's Council of Economic Advisers, government regulations to lower drug prices, and drug price controls.
- American Banker, February 6, 2018
Walter Mix discusses the Las Vegas economy, lessons regulators learned from the Great Recession, and governance and risk management that may be required by banks.
- BRG press release, February 2, 2018
BRG has been appointed by the United Kingdom’s Crown Commercial Service (CCS) to provide consulting services as part of its Management Consultancy Framework.
- BRG Expands Complex Insurance Claims Practice with Addition of Former ExxonMobil Risk Management General CounselBRG press release, February 1, 2018
BRG announced today the addition of D. Christopher Heckman to the firm's Complex Insurance Claims practice.
- Criminals Smuggling Gold into Japan Concealed Bars in Aeroplane Toilets as Gangs Grow More Sophisticated in Their TacticsSouth China Morning Post, January 31, 2018
Stuart Witchell discusses international gold-smuggling rings, Japan's consumption tax, and the lack of criminal penalties for smuggling and money laundering.
- Business Insider, January 31, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses reports of a meeting in December between President Trump and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, as well as other interactions the president has had with senior law enforcement.
- Denver Post, January 31, 2018
Anamaria Popescu presented "The Best Defense Is a Good Offense: Keys to Effective Risk Mitigation, Contract Management and Dispute Resolution."
- Bloomberg Politics, January 30, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the structure of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team and potential for indictment and a challenge before the Supreme Court.
- Fox News, January 26, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses potential obstruction, collusion, and reports that President Trump attempted to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller in 2017.
- BRG press release, January 24, 2018
BRG has partnered with Relativity to offer its full suite of on-premises and cloud-based eDiscovery software solutions.
- Bloomberg, January 23, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses reports that former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has struck a deal with US investigators looking into Russian interference in the 2016 elections.
- New England Real Estate Journal, January 19, 2018
Anamaria Popescu discusses construction arbitration, international practice, and challenges on large and complex projects.
- Corporate Counsel, January 18, 2018
Walter Mix discusses corporate social responsibility, financial services institutions, and comments from Laurence Fink of BlackRock Inc.
- SFGate, January 12, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer comments on allegations that Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens threatened a woman with whom he had an affair, as well as the potential for an FBI investigation.
- Who's Who Legal, January 2018
- BRG, January 11, 2018
BRG has been shortlisted for the Best Valuation Service award, which is designed to reward illiquid and complex asset valuation specialists that have shown true growth and a commitment to client service over the last twelve months.
- Business Insider, January 8, 2018
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the potential for Robert Mueller's team to interview President Trump as part of the Russia investigation.
- The Deal, January 2, 2018
BRG was ranked second by volume, and third by number of cases, on the list of Top Restructuring Advisers in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for 2017.
- Healthcare Dive, January 2, 2018
David Wildebrandt discusses healthcare utilization and admissions, pressure from payers, and patient demand.
- The Street, December 23, 2017
Keith Jelinek discusses consumer expectations and shopping habits, and potential ways for retailers to respond to consumer activity.
- Consulting Magazine, December 20, 2017
Phil Rowley discusses corporate misbehavior, the shift from a cultural and risk management perspective, and potential ways to build successful teams and set them up for success.
- BRG press release, December 14, 2017
Ten BRG experts were highlighted in Who’s Who Legal’s 2018 Arbitration 2018: Expert Witness Analysis, which recognizes practitioners internationally for the quality of their testimony in arbitration proceedings.
- Business Insider, December 4, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the legal argument of Trump lawyer John Dowd that "a sitting president can't obstruct justice."
- CBC News, December 4, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses John Dowd's potential authorship of a tweet from President Trump's Twitter account.
- Politico, December 4, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer comments on the FBI's arrest of former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos at Dulles Airport in July.
- CBC News, December 2, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer comments on Bob Mueller's investigation and Michael Flynn's relationship with the president.
- Berkeley Research Group Announces Inaugural BRG Healthcare Restructuring Conference Educational ProgramBRG press release, November 30, 2017
BRG's 2018 Healthcare Restructuring Conference will include thought leadership sessions intended to prepare businesses in transition and stakeholders from across the healthcare continuum as they address market opportunities and more.
- BRG press release, November 28, 2017
Jeffery Stec has joined BRG as a managing director, a leader of the firm’s Intellectual Property practice and a co-leader of its Economics and Damages community.
- BRG press release, November 21, 2017
The M&A Advisor named Berkeley Research Group the 2017 Valuation Firm of the Year at its 16th Annual M&A Advisor Awards Gala.
- FierceCEO, November 20, 2017
Phil Rowley comments on potential management and leadership styles and personalities of CEOs.
- Bloomberg, November 20, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the criminal investigation into possible collusion with Russia in the 2016 US presidential election.
- Politico, November 20, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses a court filing against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, and potential violations of the Foreign Agent Registration Act.
- 24 Ore Nova | The Sun 24 Hours, November 18, 2017
David Teece discussed topics including intellectual property, the "Single European Patent," and the Profiting from Innovation model.
- BRG press release, November 15, 2017
BRG Retail's 2017 Holiday Retail Outlook research report predicts that retailers’ margins will be substantially lower in 2017 due to aggressive discounting and pricing.
- PECB Becomes the First Management System Certification Body in the World Accredited against ISO 37001PECB press release, November 11, 2017
- City of Chicago press release, November 10, 2017
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced the members of Civilian Office of Police Accountability Chief Administrator search committee, which will include Jeffrey Cramer.
- BRG press release, November 9, 2017
Private equity and infrastructure valuation expert Federico Jost has joined BRG as a managing director based in New York.
- Strategic Health Care Marketing, November 7, 2017
Roger Kaiser discusses the relationship between physicians and healthcare organizations, relational gaps, and potential ways to correct situations.
- Law360, November 2, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the legal team for George Papadopoulos, who pled guilty to lying to the FBI about contact with Russian nationals offering damaging information during the 2016 presidential campaign.
- Adtalem Global Education Completes Implementation of New Student Commitments, Releases BRG’s Independent Review Assessing the ImplementationAdtalem press release, November 1, 2017
BRG professionals conducted an independent review assessing the implementation of Adtalem Global Education’s student commitment program.
- BRG press release, October 30, 2017
Steven Shi has joined BRG as a Director, based in Beijing, where he will head the firm's mainland China operations.
- Berkeley Research Group Ranked No. 2 on The Deal’s List of Top Restructuring Advisers for Q1-Q3 2017The Deal, October 30, 2017
BRG was ranked second by volume, and third by number of cases, on the list of Top Restructuring Advisers in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q1-Q3 2017.
- Financial Times, October 25, 2017
Stuart Witchell discusses the IKAC's recent search of the offices of China Jinmao Holdings, the property arm of chemicals group Sinochem.
- US News & World Report, October 24, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the dropping of a charge in former US Rep. Aaron Schock's political corruption case and the remaining potential for sentencing.
- BRG Named 2017 Valuation Firm of the Year, Restructuring Deal of the Year and Energy Deal of the Year FinalistBRG press release, October 23, 2017
The M&A Advisor has selected BRG as a finalist in its 16th Annual M&A Advisor Awards for Valuation Firm of the Year, Restructuring Deal of the Year (over $250 million), and Energy Deal of the Year (over $100 million).
- Economic Times, October 21, 2017
Stuart Witchell discusses business reforms and foreign direct investments in India, and compliance with both global and local governance norms.
- Bloomberg Radio, October 19, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses comments by Attorney General Jeff Sessions regarding his conversations with President Trump surrounding the firing of James Comey.
- Pensions & Investments, October 13, 2017
David Kalat discussed "overreliance on technology," human errors that increase vulnerability to cyber attacks, and the challenge to insurers to price and sponsors to buy policies.
- FierceCEO, October 13, 2017
Phil Rowley discusses potential facets of companies with good corporate governance, commitment to customers, and the evolving role of work.
- Kuwait Times, October 9, 2017
Jared Willis outlined the objectives and vision of the first Innovation Lab in Kuwait.
- Middle East Consultant, October 2017
Craig Gibson discusses disputes in the construction sector, legal framework, and BRG's expansion into the region.
- Financial Times, October 5, 2017
Christopher Goncalves commented on liquefied natural gas buyers and potential prices in short- and midterm LNG markets.
- dbiz.today, October 5, 2017
BRG recently hosted a conference on "A New Era for Argentina and the Latin America Region: What Does It Take to Meet Transparency Levels?"
- BRG press release, October 3, 2017
BRG announced the appointment of industry veteran Dave M. Johnson as chief financial officer.
- Asian Venture Capital Journal, September 27, 2017
Stuart Witchell comments on GPs, outside consultants for portfolio management services, and Asian investors.
- Arab Times, September 27, 2017
Innovation Lab: NCC Edition, the first of its kind in Kuwait, will offer a foundational course teaching entrepreneurs to map out, build, and learn to monetize their ideas.
- Bloomberg Radio, September 20, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses developments in Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 election.
- Philadelphia Inquirer, September 20, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses bribery cases, actions of judges and prosecutors, and the potential to show jurors evidence that could help prove criminal intent and undercut the defense.
- The Foster Report, September 19, 2017
Branko Terzic discussed LNG project developers and purchasers, delivery infrastructure, and the separation of natural gas and oil markets.
- Portafolio, September 6, 2017
- Bloomberg Radio, September 1, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer speaks with Bloomberg Radio’s "Bloomberg Law" about meetings between special counsel Robert Mueller and lawyers for President Trump regarding the firing of FBI director James Comey.
- KNect365 Energy, September 1, 2017
Christopher Goncalves comments on natural gas and LNG import market growth, economic and political headwinds, and Russia’s potential strategic priorities.
- FinanceAsia, August 31, 2017
Mustafa Hadi discusses trade relations between China and the US, and potential investments by intellectual property-intensive companies.
- Managed Healthcare Executive, August 30, 2017
Janice Jacobs comments on potential relief and funding for the opioid epidemic, behavioral health, and psychological and physical therapies.
- Modern Healthcare, August 28, 2017
Modern Healthcare ranked BRG seventh among the largest healthcare management consulting firms, based on 2016 total healthcare revenue.
- Bloomberg, August 25, 2017
Mark Williams comments on the potential partnership between Vodafone and BT Group Plc, barriers to network sharing, and operators and regulators' encouragement of cooperation.
- Caribbean Business, August 24, 2017
Ben Nolan discusses public-private partnerships, evaluating projects for investment, and the balance and transfer of risk between the government and private entities.
- American Banker, August 24, 2017
Walter Mix discusses potential fallout regarding the federal debt ceiling and how federal and state regulators are formulating plans to maintain the safety and soundness of the banking sector.
- International Financial Law Review, August 23, 2017
Heiko Ziehms discusses the evolution and difficulties of enforcing material adverse change (MAC) clauses, closing conditions, and potential renegotiation of deals.
- KNect365 Energy, August 23, 2017
Christopher Goncalves discusses European domestic gas supplies, available market share of natural gas and LNG imports, and the pricing challenge posed to Russian natural gas by US LNG and global LNG.
- Politico, August 22, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses potential corruption, intent, and nondisclosure in the case of sitting New Jersey Senator Robert Menendez.
- BRG press release, August 9, 2017
Vincent Biemans has coauthored a new book offering an inside view of the complex dispute resolution process, M&A Disputes: A Professional Guide to Accounting Arbitrations.
- BRG press release, August 4, 2017
Experts from BRG have been ranked among the top professionals across a range of areas in Who's Who Legal's 2017 Consulting Experts guide.
- The Deal, July 31, 2017
BRG was ranked third on the list of Top Restructuring Advisers, by number of cases, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for H1 2017.
- San Francisco Chronicle, July 29, 2017
David Teece discusses competition law, "disruption" and the potential impact of technology on the economy, employment, privacy, news, and income inequality.
- New York Times, July 28, 2017
Mustafa Hadi discusses US corporate acquisitions in China, antitrust policies, and potential discrimination against foreign enterprises.
- Arab Times, July 24, 2017
BRG professionals performed a study to investigate the business and strategic considerations facing Kuwaiti entrepreneurs as they decide where to found, grow, and/or relocate their companies.
- BRG press release, July 18, 2017
Aaron Vandervelde and Eleanor Blalock have published a new white paper, Measuring the Relative Size of the 340B Program: 2012-2017.
- IPPro The internet, July 18, 2017
CIPU has partnered with the Tusher Center for the Management of Intellectual Capital to promote public intellectual property awareness.
- Gulf Coast Could See Renewed Storm-Related Volatility as LNG Exports Grow, But It Won’t Be ArmageddonNatural Gas Intelligence, July 17, 2017
Christopher Goncalves discusses supply and demand in the North American gas industry, the ability of LNG facilities to manage outages, and the potential effects of weather on global LNG prices.
- Wolters Kluwer Health Law Daily, July 12, 2017
Patrick Redmon discusses the CMS Quality Payment Program, the potential impact of data on performance, and MACRA and Sustainable Growth Rate.
- FCPA Compliance & Ethics, July 5, 2017
Edward Buthusiem discusses value proposition, operationalizing compliance, and potential ways to better integrate compliance into businesses processes.
- Modern Healthcare, July 5, 2017
Patrick Redmon discusses the Better Care Reconciliation Act, the proposed Senate bill to replace the Affordable Care Act.
- Compliance Week, July 5, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses prosecution of individuals for FCPA violations and the Trump administration's process of nominations to run local offices and hold leadership roles.
- Law360, June 30, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses former Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams' decision to plead guilty in his federal trial to one count of violating Pennsylvania bribery law.
- Managed Healthcare Executive, June 29, 2017
Andrew Demetriou discusses Cleveland Clinic and Oscar Health's offering of co-branded health insurance plans to consumers in northeast Ohio, including potential challenges, limitations, and popularity.
- BRG press release, June 27, 2017
- TheStreet, June 27, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer comments on publicity of and public sentiment toward Martin Shkreli, who is under federal investigation for securities and wire fraud.
- Conventus Law, June 23, 2017
Stuart Witchell discusses success factors for investing into Myanmar, including understanding risks, understanding the situation on the ground, and conducting thorough due diligence.
- Law360, June 16, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the corruption trial of Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams and allegations of stealing money intended for nursing home care.
- Bloomberg, June 12, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Attorney General Jeff Sessions' upcoming testimony.
- IAM, June 2017
- Hellenic Shipping News, June 9, 2017
Christopher Goncalves discussed market uncertainty and the potential effects of supply choices, contract options, and pricing terms.
- PaRR Global, June 8, 2017
- CDR, June 6, 2017
- Compliance Expert Janice G. Jacobs Joins BRG’s Healthcare Corporate Compliance and Risk Management PracticeBRG press release, June 6, 2017
Janice Jacobs has joined Edward Buthusiem and Katherine Norris in BRG’s Healthcare Corporate Compliance and Risk Management practice.
- FINANCE-TV Germany, June 6, 2017
Heiko Ziehms discusses disputes in M&A transactions and how the increasing number of international M&A deals has led to the increasing conflicts.
- BRG press release, June 5, 2017
Lawrence Futa has joined BRG to lead its Tokyo office as a Director in the firm's Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice.
- KNect365, June 4, 2017
Joanna Martin Ziegenfuss commented on what LNG demand in China may look like in the short and long terms and where US LNG might fit in.
- BRG press release, June 1, 2017
BRG will sponsor the ABA Criminal Justice Section (CJS) Second Global White Collar Crime Institute on June 7–8, 2017, in São Paulo, Brazil.
- US Congress Energy and Commerce Committee, June 1, 2017
A white paper coauthored by Aaron Vandervelde is cited in a letter from the chairs of the Energy and Commerce Committee, Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, and Health Subcommittee regarding the 340B program.
- ValueWalk, May 26, 2017
John Fenn comments on the strong appetite in the marketplace for yield, non-qualifying loans, and improved underwriting standards.
- Chicago Sun-Times, May 25, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the civil case involving a 2014 slaying in Bali and potential for greater penalties in a criminal case.
- El Financiero, May 24, 2017
Frank Holder comments on the potential for successful negotiation of NAFTA and the commercial relationship among and objectives of the countries involved.
- Real Estate Finance & Investment, May 19, 2017
Tom Brown discusses the potential consequences of outages caused by cyber-attacks, the vulnerabilities of outdated operating systems, and implementing cyber-security programs.
- Bloomberg, May 17, 2017
Tom Brown comments on the scope of the WannaCry cyber-attack, international cooperation, and the potential combination of high-tech evidence gathering and traditional techniques such as interviewing suspects and confidential sources.
- Law360, May 17, 2017
Roger Miles discusses the UK Financial Conduct Authority emerging as an antitrust watchdog, competition enforcement, and regulatory engagement in the financial sector.
- Infrastructure, Finance, and Economic Transition Topics of Discussion at Latin American Business Forum in HoustonLatin American Business Forum press release, May 16, 2017
Philip Rowley says the forum is one way global trade can flourish and benefit communities here and abroad.
- Houston Public Media, May 12, 2017
Faisal Amin discusses the Latin American Business Forum, the economic relationship between the US and Latin American countries, and the potential future of NAFTA.
- BRG press release, May 11, 2017
Gavin Farrell has joined BRG as Director of Business Development for the firm's Private Funds Advisory business.
- Seyfarth Shaw Wage & Hour Litigation Blog, May 9, 2017
Stefan Boedeker provided expert opinion and performed statistical analyses of timekeeping and payroll records.
- Lawyer Monthly, May 2017
Lawyer Monthly named Robert Lewis as its Construction and Engineering "Consultant Engineer Expert of the Year."
- Chicago Sun-Times, May 5, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the federal sentencing of the former head of the Chicago Public Schools.
- Wolters Kluwer Health Law Daily, May 4, 2017
Andrew Demetriou discusses practical experience with accountable care organizations, the potential for "upside benefits," and challenges providers may face in participating in ACO models.
- BRG press release, May 3, 2017
BRG has opened an office in Mumbai, India, to enhance its presence within the Asia-Pacific region.
- BRG Capstone/Berkeley Research Group Ranked No. 3 on The Deal’s Q1 2017 List of Top Crisis Management FirmsThe Deal, May 1, 2017
BRG Capstone/BRG was ranked third on the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by number of cases, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q1 2017.
- Chicago Sun-Times, May 1, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer comments on potential testimony in a wrongful conviction case regarding a 1998 double-murder.
- RFG Weekly Roundup, April 28, 2017
Finbarr O'Connor examines the process for winding down a hedge fund, underperformance, and events that may trigger closure.
- BRG press release, April 25, 2017
- Law360, April 24, 2017
Charles Lundelius discusses the SEC's enforcement program, capital formation, and cost-benefit analysis provisions.
- University of Illinois School of Information Sciences, April 21, 2017
David Kalat discusses computer forensics, electronic discovery, and data analytics, as well as his career before forensic investigations.
- Real Estate Finance & Investment, April 4, 2017
Tom Brown discussed motivations for hackers, malware, and techniques companies can use to mitigate risk.
- BRG press release, April 3, 2017
Laura Dorman has been chosen as a recipient of the Association of Corporate Counsel's ACC Advocacy Award.
- Knect365 Energy, April 3, 2017
Joanna Martin Ziegenfuss discusses global small scale liquefied natural gas projects, market demand, and collaboration between supply chain stakeholders to reduce risks and costs.
- HealthLeaders Media, April 3, 2017
Bonnie Peters discusses strategic programs to improve physician documentation practices, Medicare payment changes, and billing forms and coding rules and regulations.
- The Globe Magazine, April 1, 2017
Branko Terzic discusses his career in government and business, skills necessary for today's executives, and his activity and background in Serbia.
- BRG press release, March 29, 2017
BRG announced that it has received a $62.5 million minority equity investment from affiliates of Endeavour Capital.
- Talent Economy, March 27, 2017
David Lewin discusses potential short- and long-term effects of deregulation on entry costs, products, and talent markets.
- Law360, March 23, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer comments on federal corruption charges against Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams.
- Law360, March 16, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer comments on prospective replacements and the selection process for Chicago’s US Attorney.
- HealthLeaders Media, March 1, 2017
Patrick Redmon discusses value-based care and a partnership between the State of Maryland and CMS’ Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation.
- BRG Capstone/Berkeley Research Group Ranked No. 3 on The Deal’s 2016 List of Top Crisis Management FirmsThe Deal, February 28, 2017
BRG Capstone/BRG was ranked third on the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by volume and number of cases, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for 2016.
- San Francisco Chronicle, February 25, 2017
Walter Mix comments on a proposed rule that would offer financial technology firms special charters that would allow companies to be recognized as special-purpose banks.
- BRG press release, February 22, 2017
The study will provide participants an understanding of how organizations manage cybersecurity risks, including systems, assets, data and capabilities.
- Reuters, February 14, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses digital "pump-and-dump" schemes targeting brokerages in Asia, electronic theft, and cyber protection.
- Whalebone Advisory Healthcare newsletter, February 3, 2017
Data from The Pharmaceutical Supply Chain: Gross Drug Expenditures Realized by Stakeholders, a white paper by Aaron Vandervelde and Eleanor Blalock, was recently presented to President Trump.
- ABC7 Chicago, February 3, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the response of soldiers at the Louvre Museum in Paris and components to guarding against potential attacks.
- Daily Beast, January 26, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses violence in Chicago, the US Attorney's office, and potential federal money and assistance.
- WBEZ 91.5 Chicago, January 25, 2017
Jeffrey Cramer discusses Donald Trump’s tweet to “send in the Feds” to fix Chicago’s gun violence problem.
- Becker's Hospital Review, January 24, 2017
John Kelliher discussed potential implications of President Donald Trump's executive order to reduce the economic burden of the Affordable Care Act.
- San Francisco Chronicle, January 22, 2017
Keith Jelinek comments on a potential "border adjustment” provision that will no longer allow companies to deduct the cost of goods made overseas.
- The City Paper Bogota, January 20, 2017
Frank Holder discusses uncertainty in global markets, the strength of the Colombian peso, and the bilateral free trade agreement between the United States and Colombia.
- Bloomberg Business, January 18, 2017
Aaron Vandervelde comments on branded drug companies’ share of total US spending on their products.
- Various, January 2017
Several publications have covered BRG's recent announcement that the firm has appointed Eric Miller as its new general counsel.
- BRG press release, January 17, 2017
Eric Miller has been appointed Senior Vice President and General Counsel, effective January 1, 2017.
- Qualcomm press release, January 17, 2017
David Teece conducted a study commissioned and released by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., The 5G Economy, examining the potential economic and social impact of 5G around the world.
- WTTW Chicago/PBS, January 10, 2017
In an episode of Chicago Tonight, Jeffrey Cramer discusses airport security perimeters and breaches, and how much airport officials my be able to do to safeguard the public.
- Global Competition Review, January 2017
Global Competition Review ranks BRG in the GCR 100 and among the top 21 competition economics firms in the world in The Economics 21.
- Security Magazine, January 1, 2017
Keith Jelinek discusses tagging merchandise, RFID technology, and monitoring hardware for retail stores and distribution centers.
- Law360, December 20, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the corruption case of ex-Rep. Chaka Fattah, the U.S. District judge's insulation in the decision, and a jury's requirement to engage in deliberations.
- Bloomberg Law Brief, December 15, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses an appeals court decision that found that marijuana residue in a household trash search is not enough to justify a search of the whole house.
- Debtwire, December 14, 2016
Steve Coulombe took part in a panel on the state of the distressed retail market.
- Hospital Peer Review, December 1, 2016
Bryan Cote comments on readmission interviews, data gathering, and improved documentation and clarity from hospitals to skilled nursing facilities.
- Who's Who Legal, November 30, 2016
Richard Boulton was named among the “Most Highly Regarded Individuals—Europe," and nine other BRG experts were recognized.
- Fall 2016
CSOs from major global companies share leading practices and discuss topics of mutual interest based on an agenda created through advance interviews.
- ABC News, November 17, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the shooting of Philando Castile by a Minnesota police officer.
- AP, November 10, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the indictment of and alleged schemes by a former Illinois congressman.
- BRG press release, November 7, 2016
Mark Williams has joined BRG as a managing director and leader of the firm's Telecommunications, Media & Technology practice.
- BRG press release, November 7, 2016
Heiko Ziehms has joined BRG as a managing director in the firm's Economics & Damages practice, based in the United Kingdom and Germany.
- Inside Higher Ed, November 1, 2016
BRG professionals audited employment data that law schools report about their recent graduates.
- ZDNet, October 31, 2016
Chris Tarbell comments on security and vulnerabilities in the healthcare industry, including the potential effects of ransomware and outdated equipment and software.
- The Deal, October 28, 2016
BRG Capstone/BRG was ranked second on the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by volume, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q3 2016.
- CNBC Live TV, October 28, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the FBI investigating newly found emails related to Hillary Clinton.
- ABF Journal, October 27, 2016
BRG Capital Advisors exclusively arranged a senior secured corporate facility for an international general contractor and construction management firm.
- ABF Journal, October 25, 2016
BRG Capital Advisors acted as the exclusive advisor to Evolution Energy in a $2 million asset-based loan.
- American Banker, October 20, 2016
Walter Mix discusses the potential effect of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau director being held more accountable to the president.
- BRG Expands Investigation & Strategic Intelligence Practice in Asia Pacific with Appointment of Stuart WitchellBRG press release, October 19, 2016
- Fortune, September 30, 2016
Tom Brown comments on the importance of informing customers about breaches and compromised data.
- CNBC American Greed, September 29, 2016
- PBS Chicago Tonight, September 21, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses how federal authorities assess and investigate risks after recent incidents across the United States.
- Washington Post, September 20, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses the possibility of determining fear on the part of an officer, as well as potential federal charges and the constitutional rights of the victim.
- IoT Daily Connected Thinking, September 18, 2016
Many organizations do not have a cybersecurity strategy for the Internet of Things or Big Data.
- Houston Chronicle, September 16, 2016
Many organizations do not believe their cybersecurity is fully effective despite a heightened focus on preventing digital attacks.
- BRG press release, September 15, 2016
Brian Stapleton will co-lead BRG's Global.i practice in Europe–Middle East–Asia.
- Loyalty360, September 12, 2016
BRG's 2016 holiday retail outlook report analyzes whether loyalty programs can affect shoppers’ decisions of where to shop.
- BRG press release, September 8, 2016
BRG released its Cybersecurity Preparedness Benchmarking Study, detailing findings about cybersecurity practices from a survey of leading global organizations.
- Law360, August 31, 2016
Walter Mix discusses dual banking, federal and state regulators, and de-risk across the global financial system.
- Law360, August 24, 2016
Elizabeth Arnold provided an expert report that measured the amount of time workers’ spent performing pre- and post-shift activities.
- Haas Now, August 24, 2016
David Teece has reached 100,000 citations of his published research, according to Google Scholar.
- Drug Store News, August 23, 2016
BRG's 2016 holiday retail outlook report identified five major challenges facing retailers as they head into the holiday season.
- Nomis, August 23, 2016
- Modern Healthcare, August 22, 2016
Modern Healthcare ranked BRG tenth in its list of the largest healthcare management consulting firms.
- BRG press release, August 18, 2016
BRG released today its 2016 Holiday Retail Outlook report, which presents the findings of an online survey.
- Law360, August 12, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses corruption law, graft, and the criminal code after the resentencing of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- Chicago Tribune, August 9, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer comments on U.S. District Judge James Zagel's resentencing of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- WGN Chicago, August 9, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses U.S. District Judge James Zagel's decision to resentence former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- Chicago Sun-Times, August 7, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer comments on the potential re-sentencing of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.
- The Deal, July 28, 2016
BRG Capstone/BRG was ranked second on the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by volume, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q2 2016.
- Summer 2016
BRG assembles chief strategy officers from leading companies across a range of industries to share their insights on market trends, challenges they are facing, and best practices.
- Philadelphia Inquirer, July 24, 2016
Keith Jelinek discusses how nontraditional tenants such as medical offices and health centers are entering mall spaces.
- Houston Chronicle, July 24, 2016
Ronald Vollmar comments on a Houston Chronicle analysis of publicly traded energy companies, the Texas energy workforce, and crude prices.
- USA Today, July 23, 2016
Branko Terzic discusses electricity usage and the efficiency of appliances during the summer months.
- Inside Higher Ed, July 15, 2016
Stefano Falconi discusses higher education chief business officers, enrollment growth, and financial difficulties among colleges and universities.
- BRG press release, July 13, 2016
Berkeley Research Group subsidiary BRG Capital Advisors, LLC has been granted SEC registration and admission to FINRA membership.
- Who's Who Legal, July 2016
- American Banker, July 8, 2016
Walter Mix comments on internationally headquartered banks, de-risking, and the evolution of a bank supervisory system.
- ABC News Chicago, June 30, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer comments on perimeter security and the vulnerability of commercial airports.
- Law360, June 29, 2016
Walter Mix comments on the Federal Reserve rejecting capital plans over concerns about data analysis and risk management tools.
- Investigative Expert Jeffrey H. Cramer Joins BRG's Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence PracticeBRG press release, June 28, 2016
- HealthITSecurity, June 16, 2016
Christopher Tarbell discusses healthcare covered entities, potential ransomware attacks, and cyber and endpoint security.
- U.S. News & World Report, June 16, 2016
Todd Antonelli discusses digital transformation, approach, and strategy, and tronc's potential to become a content curation and monetization company.
- ABC News Chicago, June 13, 2016
Jeffrey Cramer discusses "soft targets," such as night clubs and other public venues with easy access, and potential ways entry could be restricted.
- HighRoads, June 7, 2016
Brian Hoyt discusses how payers create and update provider directories, as well as CMS's increased focus on enforcement.
- U.S. News & World Report, June 6, 2016
Todd Antonelli comments on the name change of Tribune Publishing to "tronc."
- IAM Strategy 300, June 3, 2016
David Kennedy was named among the IAM Strategy 300 – The World’s Leading IP Strategists.
- American Lawyer Focus Latin America, June 2016
Ernesto Carrasco discusses recent discourse on free trade and its potential effect on investment outlook, as well as Mexico's nomination of a consul general in Los Angeles to replace its ambassador to the United States.
- American Banker, May 26, 2016
Walter Mix comments on the core competencies of boards, plurality elections, and board cohesiveness.
- Medical Economics, May 25, 2016
David McCann discusses the deadline for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ grace period for denials of claims under ICD-10.
- Accountable Care News 7:5, May 2016
Bryan Cote discusses ACO topics, including an accountable care organization he cofounded that represents a unique healthcare delivery model for a subset of the Medicaid population.
- Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance, May 19, 2016
- CSO, May 18, 2016
Tom Brown comments on recent law firm cybercrime and provides recommendations on how to lower a firm's risk profile.
- Financial Services Advisor, May 18, 2016
Matias Mora Simoes comments on the effect of new regulations on Caribbean banks.
- BRG’S Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence Practice Continues Growth with Senior Hire in LondonBRG press release, May 17, 2016
Berkeley Research Group has appointed Ben Johnson as a managing director in its Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice, based in London.
- Journal of Accountancy, May 15, 2016
Christopher Tarbell discusses how individuals and organizations can educate themselves in improving cyber security.
- Law360, May 13, 2016
Walter Mix comments on John Kerry's push for European banks to do business with Iran.
- Spring 2016
BRG assembles chief strategy officers from leading companies across a range of industries to share their insights on market trends, challenges they are facing, and best practices.
- Law360, May 10, 2016
Walter Mix comments on a recent Treasury Department study on marketplace lending.
- Seyfarth Shaw's Five on Friday, April 29, 2016
- The Deal, April 26, 2016
BRG Capstone/BRG was ranked second on the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by volume, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q1 2016.
- Martes Financiero, April 26, 2016
Matias Mora discusses issues concerning the prevention and mitigation of risks in the financial sector, the perception of such risks in the market, and the start of BRG’s Central America operations.
- New York Post, April 20, 2016
- Fox News, April 15, 2016
Tom Brown comments on fraudsters targeting businesses with foreign suppliers or that regularly complete wire transfers.
- Bloomberg, April 14, 2016
Calvin Qiu discusses the Hong Kong Consumer Council, anti-competitive activities, and cartels and protected business communities.
- New York Times, April 7, 2016
Tom Brown discusses potential risks of and losses due to "business email compromise."
- Los Angeles Times, April 6, 2016
Ken Serwin comments on new federal rules to deter companies from shifting their headquarters out of the United States for tax advantages.
- Wall Street Journal, April 5, 2016
Matias Mora discusses laws in Panama that will impose greater reporting requirements and require organizations to know the end-client of shell companies they establish.
- Berkeley Research Group Announces Inaugural BRG Healthcare Leadership Conference Educational ProgramBRG Press Release, March 28, 2016
BRG welcomes senior executives from healthcare organizations across the continuum, financial institutions, private equity firms, and law firms, as well as policy experts, to the inaugural BRG Healthcare Leadership Conference.
- Politico, March 25, 2016
Tom Brown discusses indictments of Iran-based hackers and potential disincentive to hackers who value being able to travel internationally.
- Bloomberg Business, March 24, 2016
Tom Brown comments on a U.S. indictment of a foreign nation-state for supporting hackers who attacked U.S. infrastructure and financial markets.
- Supreme Court of the United States, March 23, 2016
Robin Cantor contributed to an amicus curiae brief submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court in support of the respondents in the matter of Tyson Foods, Inc. v. Bouaphakeo et al.
- Health Plan Week 26:11, March 21, 2016
Bryan Cote discusses health plans, new management strategies for HIV, and potential generic drug options in the future.
- BRG Professionals Among Leading Forensic Accountants and Digital Forensic Experts in the International Who's Who Legal: Investigations 2016BRG press release, March 17, 2016
Six BRG experts were ranked among the world's foremost forensic accountants and digital forensic experts in the International Who's Who Legal: Investigations 2016.
- Press release, March 16, 2016
- Carleton College Voice, Winter 2016
Tom Brown discusses cybercrime, investigative techniques, and the future of hacking.
- Kaunas University of Technology, March 10, 2016
David Teece received an honorary doctorate from Kaunas University of Technology in Lithuania.
- The Globe and Mail, March 8, 2016
David Teece's dynamic capabilities model is referred to in relation to models of strategy, transformation, and the organizational and team ability to learn.
- CSO, March 7, 2016
Tom Brown comments on major cyber threats and where enterprises may be spending their security dollars.
- Daily Business Review, February 29, 2016
Frank Holder comments on third-party due diligence, partnerships in Latin America, and international regulatory requirements.
- HealthPayerIntelligence, February 25, 2016
David McCann discusses the transition to ICD-10 diagnosis coding, claims processing, and data analysis.
- Inter-American Dialogue Financial Services Advisor, February 24, 2016
Matias Mora opines on the potential effects of new regulations on correspondent banking in the Latin America region.
- Modern Healthcare, February 20, 2016
Bryan Cote discusses employers, insurers, and pharmacy benefit managers in relation with outcomes-based contracting.
- U.S. News & World Report, February 19, 2016
Todd Antonelli discusses Twitter's Periscope and Apple's social media messaging service.
- RevCycle Intelligence, February 17, 2016
Brian Hoyt talks about health plans, provider education, and health insurance products.
- Hartford Business.com, February 8, 2016
Andrew Agwunobi has worked to help UConn Health improve operations and finances.
- Viewpoints Radio, February 7, 2016
David Lewin discusses the wage gap in the United States and how and why it began and developed.
- The Deal, February 5, 2016
BRG Capstone/BRG was ranked first in the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by volume, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q4 2015.
- RevCycle Intelligence, February 5, 2016
Bryan Cote discusses skilled nursing facilities, reimbursement, and readmissions.
- BRG press release, February 2, 2016
- RevCycle Intelligence, February 1, 2016
Brian Hoyt discusses health plans, provider directory accuracy, and potential operational challenges.
- Journal of Accountancy, February 1, 2016
Michael Fahlman was an awardee of the AICPA’s Standing Ovation recognition in the areas of forensic accounting and business valuation.
- M&A Advisor, January 28, 2016
BRG Capstone was recognized for the restructuring of Reichhold Holdings US, which received awards for "Industrial Manufacturing and Distribution Deal of the Year" and "Sec. 363 Sale of the Year."
- Winter 2016
BRG assembles chief strategy officers from leading companies across a range of industries to share their insights on market trends, challenges they are facing, and best practices. Out of this dialogue comes the opportunity to deepen market understanding, share best thinking, benchmark, and collaborate with respected others.
- Bloomberg BNA, January 27, 2016
James Teisl discusses results from the Washington Health Homes demonstration.
- U.S. News & World Report, January 25, 2016
Todd Antonelli comments on Facebook's share of Internet time and use of advertisements.
- Washington Post, January 21, 2016
Tom Brown comments on hacking techniques and potential privacy and civil liberties abuses.
- Hotel News Now, January 21, 2016
Todd Antonelli comments on hotel acquisitions and supply-demand dynamics in global urban markets.
- Boston Globe, January 15, 2016
The Boston Globe refers to a report regarding the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority extension project.
- U.S. News & World Report, January 8, 2016
Todd Antonelli comments on Google's potential expansion beyond its core business and increased value for shareholders.
- Bloomberg BNA Medicare Report, January 8, 2016
John Kelliher comments on auditing of short-term hospital stays, CMS, and recovery auditor contractors.
- Modern Healthcare, January 4, 2016
Modern Healthcare ranked BRG tenth in its list of the largest healthcare management consulting firms.
- U.S. News & World Report, December 23, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on Facebook's user base and product portfolio.
- Inside Counsel, December 23, 2015
Douglas Small comments on an ethics investigation and banning of leadership of the governing body of world association football.
- AJMC, December 17, 2015
Aaron Vandervelde provides an update on topics including Medicare Part B outpatient drug spend of 340B hospitals.
- SNL, December 14, 2015
BRG Capital Advisors, LLC advises on capital markets and balance sheet matters and is aiming to build a more generalist investment banking practice.
- Siemens, December 8, 2015
Jerry Engel describes how large companies and startups may help each other promote innovations.
- Talent Management, December 4, 2015
David Lewin discusses how companies have historically tried to use data to predict human performance, as well as the digitization of the experience.
- Hotel News Now, December 2, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses online travel agents and the planned merger of Marriott International and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
- Intelligence Online, December 2, 2015
Intelligence Online provides a roundup of recent BRG news regarding the Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice, recent office openings, and expert additions.
- Inter-American Dialogue Financial Services Advisor, December 2, 2015
Matias Mora discusses initiatives taken by regional banks in Latin America to prevent and mitigate their exposure to financial crimes such as money laundering.
- Law360, December 1, 2015
Walter Mix discusses New York Department of Financial Services proposals for anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
- Boston Globe, November 30, 2015
- San Jose Mercury News, November 26, 2015
Mark Abernathy acted as conservator of Alameda County's public health insurance provider.
- BRG, November 25, 2015
BRG continues its geographic expansion by opening offices in Singapore and Sydney.
- The National Memo, November 24, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses medical provider debt, credit bureaus, and payment plans.
- Health Plan Week 25:42, November 23, 2015
Bryan Cote discusses health plans, coverage and reimbursement task forces, and telehealth and telemedicine.
- BRG press release, November 19, 2015
BRG continues to increase its market share in international arbitration, with nine of the firm’s experts recognized as leading individuals in the field.
- Bloomberg BNA, November 19, 2015
David Kennedy discussed topics including the Supreme Court's decision in Alice v. CLS Bank, patent rights investors and infringement claims, and potential patent litigation reform in Congress.
- Radio World, November 18, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses the U.S. broadcast radio industry, operational improvement, debt, and digital platforms.
- Nearshore Americas, November 17, 2015
David Lewin discusses strategy, labor-cost savings, and revenue.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, November 17, 2015
Gardner Walkup discusses utilities investing in oil and gas assets, regulatory limits, and the risk-sharing balance.
- GO Banking Rates, November 15, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses the user bases, product portfolios, and potential strategies of Facebook and Twitter.
- BRG press release, November 11, 2015
- ABA Price Point 15:2, Fall 2015
Jeffrey Klenk's commentary on firm pricing and competition, and real-world limitations of applying the price-cost test, is discussed.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, November 9, 2015
Edward Buthusiem chairs Temple Law School's Advisory Board for the Temple Law Center for Compliance and Ethics.
- Law360, November 9, 2015
Walter Mix discusses global financial transaction monitoring and the flow of funds on an international basis.
- American Institute of CPAs, November 9, 2015
Michael Fahlman received the Forensic and Litigation Services Volunteer of the Year Award.
- Inside Health Insurance Exchanges 5:11, November 2015
Brian Hoyt discusses machine-readable files, provider data and directories, and qualified healthcare plans and Medicare Advantage.
- American Banker, November 4, 2015
Walter Mix comments on credit, asset quality, and strategic risks taken by banks.
- RevCycle Intelligence, November 3, 2015
David McCann discusses the implementation of new ICD-10 medical codes, as well as preparation by and collaboration between facilities and physician practices for the transition.
- The Deal, November 2, 2015
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, October 30, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on medical debt, payment plans, and the credit agency waiting period.
- Fall 2015
BRG assembles chief strategy officers from leading companies across a range of industries to share their insights on market trends, challenges they are facing, and best practices.
- Nearshore Americas, October 28, 2015
Frank Holder discusses market-entry analysis, international expansion, and security in Latin America.
- Trepp Talk, October 22, 2015
Ozgur Kan's presentation on "Cleaning Up Your Loan Data" at the Trepp Banking Symposium is discussed.
- Quartz, October 22, 2015
David Simon's working paper Facebook Finance: How Social Interaction Propagates Active Investing is discussed.
- Elsevier, October 20, 2015
"Dynamic Capabilities in the Upstream Oil and Gas Sector: Managing Next-Generation Competition," coauthored by Paul Feiler and David Teece, has been one of the top downloaded open-access articles since January 2014.
- PYMNTS.com, October 19, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on Square and Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey.
- TechTarget, October 19, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on the potential for Dell to better bundle its offerings.
- U.S. News and World Report, October 16, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on the potential for near-term turnarounds for Twitter and Square.
- Population Health News, October 2015
David Wildebrandt discusses a shift in the acumen of leadership and transitioning from a hospital-centric model to a model that improves the health of a community.
- BRG press release, October 13, 2015
- RevCycle Intelligence, October 12, 2015
Bryan Cote discusses trends in hospital admissions, potential healthcare provider challenges and opportunities, and revenue cycle and performance improvement.
- National Cyber Security Alliance, October 2, 2015
BRG has become a Champion of National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2015.
- Medical Marketing & Media, October 1, 2015
Edward Buthusiem comments on market share and status, combination vaccines, and the therapeutic vaccine market.
- Healthcare Risk Management 37(10), October 2015
Katherine Norris discusses surgical "black boxes," patient consent, and the potential benefits and damages of available technology and data.
- Healthcare Dive, September 30, 2015
David McCann discusses the transition to ICD-10, physician training, and potential impacts to productivity.
- AHiMA Today, September 29, 2015
- Health Management Technology, September 25, 2015
- Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein Lymphoma Diagnosis: When a CEO Is Sick, Should the Company Always Disclose the Illness?International Business Times, September 22, 2015
David Lewin comments on corporate responsibility and the balance between protecting private health information and sharing knowledge.
- CTFN, September 18, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on potential mergers and acquisitions and public utilities regulators in Washington, DC, and Connecticut.
- PM360, September 16, 2015
Katherine Norris discusses stakeholder transparency and collaboration, digital media, and risk management strategies.
- The City Paper Bogota, September 14, 2015
Frank Holder discusses Colombia's economy, Latin American infrastructure, and foreign investment.
- LifeHealthPro, September 11, 2015
Aaron Vandervelde discusses the PPACA, data analytics, and the Medicare Advantage risk-adjustment risk assessment program.
- IndustryWeek, September 9, 2015
Todd Antonelli talks about Hewlett-Packard's breakup, the printer and computer businesses, and market growth.
- Modern Healthcare, August 29, 2015
Bryan Cote discusses customer service, integrated networks, and membership incentives.
- U.S. News and World Report, August 26, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses economic indicators in the United States and potential opportunities in the stock market.
- Fox Business, August 25, 2015
Branko Terzic discusses the prices of oil and gasoline, markets, and costs including transportation and marketing.
- The Deal, August 24, 2015
BRG Capstone was ranked third on the list of Top Crisis Management Firms, by volume, in The Deal’s bankruptcy league tables for Q2 2015.
- Intellectual Property Watch, August 24, 2015
David Teece spoke about “Intellectual Property Issues in a Global Context: Management and Policy Concerns."
- Center for Strategic Business Integrity, August 24, 2015
Raymond Sloane was named as a Certified Board Advisor by the Center for Strategic Business Integrity.
- Mergermarket Dealreporter, August 17, 2015
Neil Librock discusses Springleaf’s proposed acquisition of Citigroup’s subprime lending business OneMain Financial.
- University of California, Berkeley, August 14, 2015
David J. Teece will serve as the faculty director of the Tusher Center for Management of Intellectual Capital at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business.
- BRG press release, August 13, 2015
Eric Miller has joined the firm's legal department as Senior Vice President - Strategic Initiatives and Risk Management.
- U.S. News & World Report, August 12, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses media companies, business models, and content distributors.
- Education Dive, August 12, 2015
Ramin Sedehi comments on college enrollment, demographic trends, and the affordability of higher education.
- Healthcare Dive, August 12, 2015
Brian Hoyt comments on health plans, organizational resources, and provider directory accuracy.
- RevCycle Intelligence, August 10, 2015
Brian Hoyt discusses the Affordable Care Act and recent scrutiny of allegedly inaccurate or misleading health plan provider directories.
- U.S. News & World Report, August 5, 2015
Andrew Agwunobi comments on trends in the healthcare industry, including the shift to and investment in electronic health records.
- Bloomberg BNA, August 4, 2015
Andrew Agwunobi comments on Medicare’s quality payment programs, pay-for-performance efforts, and academic medical centers.
- AsianInvestor, July 30, 2015
Mustafa Hadi comments on private equity investment, potential legal action, and the IPO backlog in China.
- Medical Marketing & Media, July 27, 2015
Edward Buthusiem discusses cancer profiles, therapies, and diagnostics, drug prices, and the Cancer Drug Coverage Parity Act.
- Managed Care, July 2015
Aaron Vandervelde comments on oncologists and a potential payment model that rewards performance for reducing costs and improving quality.
- The Foster Report No. 3059, July 17, 2015
Christopher Goncalves discusses impacts on the global LNG market of the U.S. shale gas revolution.
- CNBC, July 16, 2015
Brian Hoyt discusses health providers, exchange insurers, and rates of reimbursement.
- BRG press release, July 14, 2015
Mustafa Hadi has joined BRG to lead its International Arbitration practice in Hong Kong.
- BerkeleyHaas, July 10, 2015
David Teece received an honorary degree from the University of Calgary’s Haskayne School of Business.
- BRG press release, July 9, 2015
Faisal Amin is leading a study that will offer participants an opportunity to gauge their company's security performance and readiness in the case of a cybersecurity breach.
- AHLA, June 30, 2015
The American Health Lawyers Association has recognized BRG in its recent “Top Honors” listings as having the most AHLA members of any healthcare consulting firm in the United States.
- Modern Healthcare, June 26, 2015
A recent article refers to analysis conducted by Aaron Vandervelde regarding drug purchases and 340B trends, prices, and projections.
- Press release, June 25, 2015
Jennifer Ziegler gave her first address as the new chair of the California Society of CPAs for 2015–2016.
- McClatchyDC, June 24, 2015
Frank Holder discusses U.S. government comments regarding potential terrorist threats, hostage cases, and recovery efforts.
- Press release, June 24, 2015
Nomis-BRG will advise banks on optimising their mortgage retention strategies and stimulating margins.
- Environment & Energy Publishing, June 22, 2015
Branko Terzic comments on the Internet of Things, electrification and interconnectivity, and consumer demands.
- BRG press release, June 18, 2015
BRG announced that Frank Holder has joined the firm to head its Latin America practice and continue to build a robust BRG presence throughout the region.
- Women's Wear Daily, June 17, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on omnichannel retailing and how its growth will lead to a rise in mergers and acquisitions later this year.
- BRG press release, June 16, 2015
BRG welcomes the Honorable Branko Terzic, an internationally recognized regulator, management consultant, and expert witness in the energy, public utility, and infrastructure industries.
- New York Times, Wall Street Journal, June 15, 2015
- IAM Strategy 300, June 12, 2015
David A. Kennedy was named in IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists.
- Haskayne School of Business, June 12, 2015
The University of Calgary Haskayne School of Business awarded David Teece an honorary doctorate at the school's convocation ceremony.
- Universities.com, June 12, 2015
Ramin Sedehi discusses companies' potential willingness to hire students with online education.
- June 11, 2015
Peggy Daley has been elected as chairman of the Board of Directors at the Illinois Equal Justice Foundation (IEJF).
- Natural Gas Intelligence, June 11, 2015
Christopher Goncalves comments on the long-term outlook for global oil prices in the next decade.
- Los Angeles Times, June 3, 2015
Douglas Small discusses the international investigation into the alleged FIFA bribery scandal.
- BRG press release, June 1, 2015
BRG welcomes approximately 60 individuals formerly associated with Capstone Advisory Group, including their leadership team.
- TechRepublic, May 29, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses the acquisition strategies of top technology companies.
- Law360, May 29, 2015
Walter Mix comments on anti-money laundering regulations and bank transactions related to the alleged FIFA bribery case.
- BRG press release, May 28, 2015
BRG announced the launch of its Women's Leadership Initiative, dedicated to attracting, retaining, and advancing the most talented women in the professional services industry.
- Wall Street Journal, May 28, 2015
Douglas Small discusses anti-bribery enforcement and recent allegations against FIFA, the International Federation of Association Football.
- Los Angeles Times, May 28, 2015
Douglas Small discusses corruption, bribery, and governance structures in international sports.
- GoodCall, May 28, 2015
Ramin Sedehi comments on new Department of Education regulations that aim to enforce stricter rules on for-profit schools.
- TelecomFinance, May 28, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses potential expansion, consolidation, and competition in the telecom industry.
- SNL, May 27, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses the Charter Communications–Time Warner Cable merger and the potential to service more customers with a larger footprint.
- TelecomFinance, May 27, 2015
Todd Antonelli comments on the potential Charter Communications–Time Warner Cable merger and review by the FCC and Department of Justice.
- GoodCall, May 26, 2015
Ramin Sedehi comments on the merger of traditional colleges and universities with for-profit schools.
- E-Commerce Times, May 26, 2015
Todd Antonelli discusses Charter Communications potential deal to acquire and merge with Time Warner Cable.
- Business Insider, May 22, 2015
Edward Buthusiem discusses the potential sale of a pharmacy services company, mergers and acquisitions, and antitrust regulation.
- Who's Who Legal, May 22, 2015
- BRG press release, May 21, 2015
Dr Roger Miles, a leading specialist researcher and lecturer in behavioural risk, is joining BRG’s International Financial Services advisory practice.
- Raymond Kolls Appointed Vice Chair for AHLA Alternative Dispute Resolution Affinity Educational ProgramsMay 14, 2015
The American Health Lawyers Association has appointed Raymond Kolls as vice chair for Educational Programs for the AHLA's Alternative Dispute Resolution Affinity group.
- Who's Who Legal, May 13, 2015
Who's Who Legal placed Berkeley Research Group in its ranking of the top 15 consulting expert firms.
- Law360, May 2, 2015
David Lewin discusses the Fair Labor Standards Act, risk management, and labor and employment issues.
- GoodCall, April 29, 2015
Ramin Sedehi discusses graduation rates, access, professional education, and approaches to learning at for-profit colleges.
- Washington Business Journal, April 28, 2015
Washington Business Journal ranked BRG's Washington, DC, location as one of the best office environments in the area.
- Institutional Investor, April 27, 2015
Ozgur Kan discusses the Arab banking sector, government support, and international banking standards, regulations, and best practices.
- BRG press release, April 23, 2015
BRG announced that Peggy Daley has joined the firm's Global Investigations and Strategic Intelligence practice as a Chicago-based managing director.
- Natural Gas Intelligence, April 20, 2015
Christopher Goncalves discusses potential prices, exports, and outlooks for natural gas and LNG.
- Area Development, April 16, 2015
David Lewin discusses unionization, foreign direct investment, and non-U.S. companies that seek American locations.
- The New York Times, April 8, 2015
Christopher Goncalves discusses the potential long-term growth of the liquefied natural gas industry.
- Bloomberg Brief, March 27, 2015
Ozgur Kan discusses stress test expectations, Federal Reserve stress test results, and the potential future of financial regulation.
- Legal Marketing Association, March 26, 2015
Mary Xjimenez discusses her experience in the legal marketing industry and shares advice for new entrants.
- New Survey Reveals Community Oncology Practices Face Serious Challenges Affecting Nation's Cancer CareCommunity Oncology Alliance press release, March 26, 2015
- National Futures Association, March 25, 2015
Testimony before the US House of Representatives refers to a BRG study that reviewed and provided recommendations for the examination procedures of the National Futures Association.
- New York Times, March 19, 2015
David Lewin discusses police and firefighters, pensions and salaries, and intellectual capital.
- Modern Healthcare, March 14, 2015
Andrew Demetriou discusses electronic health-record companies, corporation ownership, and foundation board approval.
- American Banker, March 13, 2015
- Bloomberg Radio, March 11, 2015
Ozgur Kan is quoted regarding bank stress testing and capital planning results.
- Bloomberg BNA's Banking Report, March 11, 2015
Ozgur Kan discusses the Federal Reserve's objections to the capital plans of two large banks as part of an annual review meant to test major lenders' ability to deal with harsh economic conditions.
- U.S. News & World Report, March 9, 2015
Ramin Sedehi discusses teacher communication and engagement in online education.
- CT Financial News, February 26, 2015
Richard Higgins discusses the FTC, mergers, and potential negotiations and litigation.
- BRG and WebPort Global Team to Create New Paradigm in International Trade for Banks and Their CustomersBRG press release, February 24, 2015
BRG and WebPort Global announced a strategic teaming agreement today that opens the way to create a comprehensive service offering to international trading firms.
- LA Business Journal, February 23, 2015
Walter Mix discusses bank mergers, Community Reinvestment Act evaluations, and potential concessions.
- HousingWire, February 20, 2015
Neil Librock discusses consumer lending, the mortgage market, and potential legislation or regulation.
- Modern Healthcare, February 14, 2015
Bryan Cote discusses U.S. behavioral health providers, net patient revenue, and care models.
- Law360, February 13, 2015
Kenneth Serwin discusses patent litigation cases and intellectual property awards.
- Who's Who Legal, February 11, 2015
Peggy Daley received recognition in Who’s Who Legal's Investigations 2015.
- BRG press release, February 10, 2015
Robin Cantor has been elected to serve as president of the Women's Council on Energy and the Environment.
- Medical Marketing & Media, January 28, 2015
Edward Buthusiem comments on rare disease market, orphan drugs, and pricing.
- Quarter Moon Radio, January 27, 2015
Ramin Sedehi discusses President Obama's recent proposal to offer free community college access to qualified students.
- Live Science, January 23, 2015
Rick Chamberlain discusses fracking and the potential effects of proppants such as sand and ceramic particles.
- U.S. News & World Report, January 16, 2015
Ramin Sedehi discusses President Obama's proposal for free community college tuition.
- The Real Deal, January 8, 2015
John Hekman discusses the economics of the real estate market in South Florida.
- Global Competition Review, January 2015
Global Competition Review ranks BRG among the top 21 competition economics firms in the world in The Economics 21.
- ABA newsletter, November, Vol. 5, December 29, 2014
Steve Schultz presented on the challenges of communication and the use of collaborative project information sharing systems.
- American Health Lawyers Association, December 22, 2014
Raymond Kolls served as a reviewer for an American Health Lawyers Association email alert article.
- Rigzone, December 18, 2014
Rick Chamberlain discusses OPEC, crude production levels, and oil prices.
- Bloomberg Businessweek, December 9, 2014
BRG is mentioned in an article about global LNG production and demand.
- Becker's Hospital Review, December 8, 2014
- Law360, December 3, 2014
Sanjay Unni discusses securities class actions, event study analysis, and stock price movements.
- American Banker, November 26, 2014
David Abshier comments on board member activity and regulator review and approval.
- WTNH.com, November 25, 2014
UConn Medical School has named Andrew Agwunobi as interim executive vice president for health affairs and chief transformation officer.
- Healthcare Risk Management 36(11), November 2014
Edward Buthusiem discusses the HSS Office for Civil Rights, healthcare providers, and HIPAA compliance.
- Press release, November 17, 2014
Seven BRG experts received recognition in the International Who's Who Legal: Arbitration 2015.
- Wall Street Journal, November 14, 2014
David Simon discusses the foreign-currency market and his research on a social network operated for individual forex traders.
- Acquisition International, November 11, 2014
David Saunders discusses experts, testimony experience, and forensic accounting.
- Press release, November 10, 2014
BRG has expanded its team of healthcare and life sciences compliance professionals with the addition of Katherine Norris in the firm's Washington, DC, office.
- October 31, 2014
- iMedia Connection, October 29, 2014
David Teece's "dynamic capabilities" are referred to in a discussion about Mattel's innovation initiatives and future-forward focus.
- The Economist, October 21, 2014
Ozgur Kan discusses historical retail bank data and making a connection between data acquisition, analysis, and action.
- Energy News Terminal, October 6, 2014
Christopher Goncalves discusses the cost of and dependence on LNG in Japan.
- Press release, September 30, 2014
- Energy News Terminal, September 16, 2014
Christopher Goncalves talks about sources of LNG and gas competition in the Pacific Basin and Asia.
- TechTarget, September 5, 2014
Marshall Hoel talks about electronically stored information and strategic information management programs.
- TechTarget, August 27, 2014
Marshall Hoel discusses Big Data eDiscovery processes and litigation costs and risk.
- American Banker, August 13, 2014
Walter Mix talks about regulators, risk, and financial institutions.
- American Banker, August 5, 2014
Walter Mix discusses the potential end of an unofficial moratorium on starting new banks.
- American Banker, July 29, 2014
Walter Mix discusses the anti-money laundering controls of community banks, transaction monitoring systems, and due diligence.
- BioCenturytv.com, July 27, 2014
Aaron Vandervelde discusses the possible relationship between hospital acquisitions of community oncology practices and the 340B program.
- Modern Healthcare, July 24, 2014
Julie Nielsen discusses PPACA guidelines, care-quality efforts, and quality improvement expenditures.
- Los Angeles Times, July 16, 2014
Kenneth Serwin discusses a recent Obama administration letter regarding inversion and U.S. companies reorganizing as foreign firms.
- ANA Magazine Spotlight, July 2014
Dawn Eash discusses storing data and protecting privacy.
- Law360, July 8, 2014
Kenneth Serwin comments on patent damages awards and intellectual property verdicts.
- Law360, July 3, 2014
Walter Mix discusses banks, information collection, and data regulators.
- Inside Counsel, July 1, 2014
Edward Buthusiem discusses the potential effect of the Supreme Court's decision on Obamacare and general counsel at smaller companies.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, July 1, 2014
Edward Buthusiem comments on the potential bankruptcy of former Heinz CEO Anthony J.F. O’Reilly.
- Law360, June 30, 2014
Edward Buthusiem discusses the Supreme Court's decision in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores Inc.
- Central Penn Business Journal, June 27, 2014
Daniel White discusses regulated utilities, competitive energy generation, and gas prices.
- Washington Times, June 18, 2014
David Lewin comments on recent studies regarding putting information on one's faith in a resume.
- Sporting News, May 30, 2014
Gregory Nachtwey discusses Steve Ballmer's bid for the Los Angeles Clippers.
- InsuranceNewsNet, May 28, 2014
Edward Buthusiem discusses multinational companies and corporate risk in emerging markets.
- Orange County Register, May 23, 2014
Gregory Nachtwey comments on the potential sale of the Los Angeles Clippers basketball franchise.
- AMN Healthcare, May 23, 2014
Andrew Agwunobi discusses potential reasons for improvements to quality of care at hospitals.
- The Day, May 16, 2014
BRG Healthcare Performance Improvement practice experts advised a community hospital on potential improvement and other actions.
- ModernHealthcare.com, May 10, 2014
Andrew Agwunobi comments on the potential for organizations to appoint physician and entrepreneurial leaders.
- "The Pink Sheet" Daily, May 8, 2014
Edward Buthusiem discusses oncology and a potential AstraZeneca/Pfizer merger.
- Press release, May 7, 2014
BRG has increased its advisory capabilities in the energy and natural resources industries with the addition of several new senior members.
- Albany Times Union, May 5, 2014
- Law360, April 30, 2014
Ozgur Kan discusses stress testing of banks and managing risk.
- Engineering News-Record, April 30, 2014
Ben Nolan talks about scheduling software and 4D Building Information Modeling.
- Wall Street Journal, April 16, 2014
The Wall Street Journal cites a study coauthored by William Hamm regarding medical malpractice claims.
- Thomson Reuters' Real Estate Finance Journal, Winter 2013/2014
Terence Rodgers discusses environmental portfolio valuation.
- JDSupra Business Advisor, March 31, 2014
- Press release, March 27, 2014
- Providence Journal, March 27, 2014
Walter Mix comments on the potential impact of capital adequacy risks on bank reputation.
- The Wall Street Journal, March 27, 2014
Edward Buthusiem discusses healthcare spin-off companies, medical products, and potential tax impacts.
- Recruiting & Retaining Adult Learners, April 2014
Ramin Sedehi discusses the potential revenue of massive open online courses for higher education institutions.
- Engineering News-Record, February 5, 2014
Ben Nolan discusses 4D building information modeling.
- Compliance Week, January 22, 2014
Saul Solomon comments on the importance of accuracy in assessments and estimates for financial reporting.
- California Hospital Association, January 16, 2014
- Global Competition Review, January 2014
Global Competition Review ranks BRG among the top 20 competition economics firms in the world in Economics 20, GCR’s assessment of the world’s leading economic consultancies.
- National Futures Association, January 9, 2014
The National Futures Association refers to review and recommendations in the wake of the Peregrine Financial Group fraud.
- Press release, January 7, 2014
BRG announced the appointment of Kevin O’Brien to its Board of Directors.
- Law360, December 18, 2013
Henry Miller discusses integrated healthcare and insurance networks, legislation, and potential arbitration in Pennsylvania.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, December 18, 2013
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette refers to testimony by Henry Miller regarding potential payments by insurers.
- Press release, December 4, 2013
- Press release, November 26, 2013
BRG enhances its leading construction expertise with the addition of Frank Calvaruso.
- strategy+business, November 11, 2013
David Teece discusses the capabilities and competitive advantage in management strategy and business innovation.
- Press release, November 8, 2013
- Wall Street Journal, November 8, 2013
- Sacramento Bee, November 6, 2013
Peter Wrobel presented the results of an investigation involving the Merced Irrigation District.
- Press release, November 4, 2013
Palgrave Macmillan has launched The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management.
- WorkersCompensation.com, October 18, 2013
Gregory Nachtwey consulted with the CHSWC.
- Clinical Oncology, October 2013
Clinical Oncology cites a report by Aaron Vandervelde that estimated the projected growth of the 340B Drug Pricing Program.
- WorkersCompensation.com, October 7, 2013
Gregory Nachtwey consulted in preparation of CHSWC report “Formulating a Copy Service Fee Schedule."
- The Frederick News-Post, October 3, 2013
Maryland health systems have hired BRG to study and make recommendations about a potential partnership to improve care and cut costs.
- Global Finance, October 1, 2013
Walter Mix comments on the formation of a financial industry regulator in China.
- SNL, September 26, 2013
Walter Mix comments on bank regulators and mid-cycle Dodd-Frank Act stress test results.
- Bloomberg, August 28, 2013
Walter Mix comments on the litigation horizon for banks facing lawsuits tied to the financial crisis.
- Legal Newsline, August 23, 2013
David Teece testified in The People of California v. Atlantic Richfield et al.
- Monster.com, August 14, 2013
David Lewin describes potential best practices staffing firms can use for billing rates.
- Press release, August 13, 2013
BRG has established an office in Philadelphia.
- EnergyWire, August 9, 2013
Christopher Goncalves discusses liquefied natural gas prices in North America.
- Bloomberg, August 1, 2013
Laura Tyson discusses potential nominees for chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- U.S. Congress Hearings, July 31, 2013
Laura Tyson testified at a Joint Economic Committee hearing.
- Petroleum News 18(29), July 21, 2013
Christopher Goncalves discussed Alaska’s efforts to export gas as liquefied natural gas.
- Law360, July 19, 2013
William Hamm comments on Detroit's bankruptcy filing.
- SNL, July 16, 2013
Neil Librock discusses the U.S. Treasury's TARP auctions and the overall bank credit market.
- American Banker, July 12, 2013
Ozgur Kan's article "Cumulative Preferred Stock Should Be Part of Tier 1 Capital" is cited.
- Press release, July 11, 2013
BRG has expanded its London office with the addition of David Saunders.
- Bloomberg BNA: Corporate Accountability Report, June 28, 2013
Raymond Sloane discusses internal and foreign investigations, audit committees, and globalization of financial fraud.
- Compliance-Daily, June 25, 2013
"People in the News" provides coverage of Raymond Sloane joining BRG.
- June 20, 2013
- CNBC, June 17, 2013
David Lewin comments on changing business models and wage and hour violation lawsuits.
- Press release, June 14, 2013
BRG was named a finalist for the Turnaround Deal of the Year and Energy Deal of the Year categories.
- Press release, June 6, 2013
BRG continues to grow its London office with the addition of Daniel Ryan.
- WorkersCompensation.com, June 5, 2013
The California DWC cited a Henry Miller report in its annual study on access to medical care for injured workers.
- Press release, May 29, 2013
Raymond Sloane joined BRG as a director in the firm's New York City office.
- ModernHealthcare.com, May 25, 2013
Andrew Agwunobi comments on hospitals, capital investment, and emergency room care.
- American Iron and Steel Institute, May 16, 2013
Brad Wolf was elected chairman of the American Iron and Steel Institute's Associate Members Committee.
- Sacramento Bee, May 1, 2013
Ramin Sedehi comments on the availability, flexibility, and cost of educational alternatives for college credit.
- New York Times, May 1, 2013
Christopher Goncalves discusses LNG exports and international gas prices.
- EnergyWire, April 25, 2013
Christopher Goncalves comments on the expansion of use of liquefied natural gas for vehicle fuel.
- Branson Tri-Lakes News, April 23, 2013
CoxHealth hired BRG to advise on its merger with Skaggs Regional Medical Center in Missouri.
- Law360, April 17, 2013
Todd Neilson will take over as Chapter 11 trustee in the bankruptcy case for GGW Brand LLC.
- Houston Chronicle/FuelFix, April 15, 2013
Christopher Goncalves discusses U.S. exports and the global LNG market and prices.
- Business News Americas, April 12, 2013
Christopher Goncalves discusses mining in Chile and potential effect of LNG imports on energy prices and generation capacity.
- Platts' Energy Economist 378, April 2013
Carl Danner discusses Superstorm Sandy and the atmosphere in which utility companies operate.
- Healthcare Risk Management 35(3), March 2013
- Press release, March 21, 2013
BRG and Course Gateway have teamed to advise companies and governments on the strategic potential of online learning.
- Marketwire, March 20, 2013
BRG released a white paper that addresses the critical issues surrounding IPv4 migration.
- Law360, March 18, 2013
David Lewin discusses Citigroup Inc.'s appeal of a ruling that blocked the company from enforcing an arbitration agreement requiring employees to waive collective action rights.
- The Beach Reporter, March 5, 2013
William Hamm completed a study analyzing revenue from a potential oil-drilling project in Hermosa Beach.
- Health Thought Leadership One-to-One, March 5, 2013
Joe Bohling discusses organizational culture and the balance of shareholder and stakeholder interests.
- Press release, February 28, 2013
Leonard Waverman has been appointed McMaster University's new dean of the DeGroote School of Business in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Bloomberg Businessweek, February 27, 2013
David Lewin comments on Disney's company stewardship and executive pay and an upcoming shareholder vote.
- Los Angeles Times, February 26, 2013
David Lewin discusses Yahoo's decision to end telecommuting for its employees.
- Dean & Provost, February 2013
Ramin Sedehi is interviewed in Dean & Provost.
- New York Times, February 12, 2013
Aaron Vandervelde comments on the 340B drug pricing program.
- Press release, February 11, 2013
BRG welcomes Edward J. Buthusiem as a director based in Philadelphia and a member of the firm's Health Analytics Practice.
- CNBC Economy, February 6, 2013
David Lewin comments on the effects of unemployment and jobs.
- Press release, January 31, 2013
The NFA voted to accept recommendations made by consultants at BRG as part of an independent analysis of NFA's audits of Peregrine Financial Group, Inc.
- Securities Law Daily, January 25, 2013
Charles Lundelius comments on personnel changes within and focuses of the SEC.
- Investor's Business Daily, January 11, 2013
Ramin Sedehi discusses opportunities and challenges for cloud computing in education and academia.
- Wall Street Journal, January 11, 2013
The NFA hired BRG to conduct an external review of its practices in the wake of Peregrine Financial Group's collapse.
- Law360, January 10, 2013
Neil Librock discusses the CFPB's new mortgage lending rules.
- Press release, January 9, 2013
Carl J. Schramm, a leading authority on entrepreneurship, innovation, and economic growth, has joined BRG.
- AMN Healthcare, January 9, 2013
Andrew Agwunobi comments on healthcare reform, Medicare cuts, and Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program expansions.
- Global Competition Review, January 2013
Global Competition Review ranks BRG among the top 20 competition economics firms in the world in Economics 20.
- Nelson Mail, December 31, 2012
David Teece was named a Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit .
- SNL: The Regulator, December 21, 2012
Neil Librock comments on the U.S. Treasury and its plans to exit the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
- Press release, December 11, 2012
Christopher Goncalves has joined BRG's Energy practice and will lead the firm's LNG, natural gas, and power group.
- SNL, December 11, 2012
Walter Mix comments on the Bank Secrecy Act, audits, and compliance efforts emphasized by regulators and examiners.
- NurseZone, December 8, 2012
Gay Casey comments on the AMN Healthcare 2012 Survey of Registered Nurses.
- American Banker, November 8, 2012
Walter Mix comments on the plans of Chinese banks to expand into the United States.
- Futures Magazine, November 1, 2012
NFA President and CEO Dan Roth mentions BRG in an interview.
- Moneynews, October 31, 2012
Walter Mix comments on the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act and U.S. banks.
- NBC Bay Area.com, October 26, 2012
Frank Stevens will perform audits of patient care services.
- California Healthline, October 24, 2012
California Healthline refers to a BRG report regarding Medi-Cal and a corrective action plan for Gold Coast Health Plan.
- Becker's Hospital Review, October 19, 2012
- Press release, September 24, 2012
BRG has expanded its Canadian presence by opening an office in Calgary, Alberta.
- UC Berkeley Haas School Newsroom, September 24, 2012
David Teece has taken over as faculty director of Haas' Institute for Business Innovation.
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, September 21, 2012
The HFMA has awarded Jeanette Cross the certification of Fellow.
- Becker's Hospital Review, September 21, 2012
Andrew Agwunobi comments on Catholic hospitals and non-academic medical centers.
- Press release, September 19, 2012
BRG appointed two distinguished physicians: Marc R. Katz, MD, MPH, and Okechukwu N. Ojogho, MD, MMM, FACS.
- Press release, September 14, 2012
BRG’s Global Construction practice offers 4D scheduling.
- BerkeleyHaas, Summer 2012
David Teece's article "Innovation in Multi-Invention Contexts" is the subject of a piece.
- CNN, August 31, 2012
Laura Tyson appeared on CNN's OutFront and CNN International.
- Neon Tommy, August 31, 2012
Keith Mendes discusses the Los Angeles Dodgers' new ownership, television deal, and payroll.
- Wall Street Journal, August 30, 2012
The NFA retained BRG to conduct a forensic review of its auditing practices.
- The Guardian Express, August 27, 2012
Ramin Sedehi discusses student debts.
- Bloomberg Brief, August 24, 2012
Walter Mix discusses bank boards of directors, training on basic banking issues, and compliance with Dodd-Frank.
- Economist, August 18, 2012
Todd Neilson is mentioned in an article on Catholic church bankruptcies.
- FT.com, August 15, 2012
David Teece is quoted regarding coordination and entrepreneurship.
- The Globe and Mail, August 14, 2012
David Teece is interviewed by Karl Moore of the Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University.
- Press release, August 6, 2012
BRG has established a Healthcare Special Advisory Board comprising expert physician leaders nationally renowned for clinical excellence and change management in healthcare.
- Press release, August 1, 2012
BRG added a preeminent Government Contracts practice to the firm.
- Financier Worldwide.com, July 2012
Financier Worldwide moderates a discussion involving Charles Lundelius and others focusing on private equity portfolio company valuations.
- cayCompass.com, July 17, 2012
An executive summary signed by Ben Nolan is referred to.
- Press release, July 11, 2012
BRG added Andrew J. Demetriou, a strategic advisor with extensive experience in the healthcare industry.
- KPCC 89.3, June 7, 2012
David Lewin discusses initiatives in California aiming to remedy municipal budget gaps by cutting current worker pensions.
- KPCC 89.3, June 6, 2012
David Lewin discusses factors that determine executive compensation.
- KCAL-LA, June 6, 2012
David Lewin discusses the need for city and state governments to use a more even-handed approach to balancing their budgets.
- CNBC, May 30, 2012
Laura Tyson discusses ways to bridge the gap between misconception and reality of "big government."
- Los Angeles Business Journal, May 28, 2012
Walter Mix is quoted.
- Press release, May 15, 2012
David Teece’s "Innovation in Multi-Invention Contexts" has been selected as the winner of the 2012 California Management Review Best Article Award.
- Washington Business Journal, May 4, 2012
Michael Stitcher comments on the impact to the healthcare market if Maryland loses its ability to regulate hospital rates.
- Forbes.com, May 2, 2012
David Teece’s paper “Profiting From Technological Innovation” is referenced.
- Court Allows Use of a Settlement Agreement from a Prior Patent-Infringement Litigation as a Basis for Determining a Reasonable Royalty RateLES Insights, April 23, 2012
Stephen Heath’s expert testimony was referenced regarding a decision by the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- Ventura County Star, April 7, 2012
Mark Abernathy is monitoring the financial operations of Gold Coast at the request of the California Department of Health Care Services.
- MarketWatch, March 30, 2012
Sanjay Unni is quoted regarding an initial public offering from Enphase Energy Inc.
- The Wall Street Journal, March 27, 2012
The WSJ Bankruptcy Beat profiles Todd Neilson, Solyndra’s chief restructuring officer.
- Reuters, March 26, 2012
Walter Mix serves as the independent trustee for a voting trust established to hold the shares of Oceanic Bank Holdings.
- San Jose Mercury News, February 22, 2012
Walter Mix is quoted.
- Press release, February 14, 2012
BRG’s Healthcare practice added Kathleen Schneider and Cheray Lynch Sieminski.
- Wall Street Journal, February 9, 2012
Rick Fultineer discusses the prospects for nuclear plant construction as Southern Co. nears approval to build two new reactors.
- OilPrice.com, February 8, 2012
David Teece's work is cited as “probably the most important observation on the ambitions of natural gas deregulators.”
- Press release, February 1, 2012
- Press release, January 27, 2012
David Teece has been named to the inaugural “A-List of Management Academics 2011.”
- Financial Times, January 27, 2012
Martin Wolf debates with Laura Tyson the problems and possible solutions for the global economy.
- CNN, January 27, 2012
Laura Tyson says emerging markets are breaking free from troubled developed economies.
- Contra Costa Times, January 17, 2012
Walter Mix is quoted regarding Wachovia acquisition and Wells Fargo.
- Press release, January 4, 2012
- Press release, December 21, 2011
Ned Barnes joined BRG as a director in the firm’s Washington, DC, office.
- U.S. Department of State, December 19, 2011
Hillary Clinton hosted the first meeting of the Foreign Affairs Policy Board, which includes Laura Tyson.
- Press release, December 15, 2011
- Press release, December 1, 2011
Dr. Andrew Agwunobi has joined BRG’s Washington, DC, office as a director in the firm’s Hospital Performance Improvement practice.
- KPCC Radio, October 28, 2011
David Lewin discusses proposals for public employee pension reform.
- Squawk Box, CNBC, October 28, 2011
Laura Tyson discusses the lessons and impact of "Clintonomics."
- Fox Business, October 21, 2011
Ken Serwin comments on the impact on the economy of a tax holiday.
- American Banker, October 19, 2011
Walter Mix quantifies the damage from Dodd-Frank .
- LegalMinds/NASDAQ Securities & Capital Market Series, October 18, 2011
Walter Mix discusses the Dodd-Frank rule.
- Press release, October 14, 2011
- Left, Right & Center, KCRW, October 14, 2011
Laura Tyson was a guest panelist.
- White House Blog, October 11, 2011
President Obama today attended a meeting of his Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, which includes Laura Tyson.
- Press release, September 20, 2011
- The Wall Street Journal, September 14, 2011
Sanjay Unni comments on the biggest issues weighing on stock prices and the ability to launch IPOs.
- The Wall Street Journal, September 14, 2011
Walter Mix discusses the implications for non-U.S. banks.
- Press release, September 13, 2011
BRG has expanded its London office with the addition of director Mark Schankerman.
- KQED Radio, September 9, 2011
Laura Tyson was a guest on the program discussing President Barack Obama's jobs speech.
- White House press release, August 18, 2011
The President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, which includes Laura Tyson, held a series of Jobs and Competitiveness Listening and Action Sessions.
- Bloomberg Television, August 17, 2011
Laura Tyson talks about the outlook for President Obama's proposal to boost the U.S. economy and labor market.
- San Jose Mercury News, July 19, 2011
Walter Mix comments on the bank's initiative to reduce expenses by the end of 2012.
- Press release, June 22, 2011
BRG hosted a panel discussion on “Healthcare Reform: Truths and Consequences.”
- The Suit, June 17, 2011
David Teece discusses the need to take corrective action now against excessive levels of government spending and debt.
- Press release, May 26, 2011
Susan Kennedy has joined BRG as a special advisor.
- Press release, May 19, 2011
David Kaplan has joined BRG's Washington, DC, office.
- Press release, March 11, 2011
BRG announced the opening of a new office in Los Angeles.
- Press release, February 28, 2011
- Press release, February 24, 2011
- Press release, February 22, 2011
BRG today announced the launch of the BRG Review, a semi-annual journal featuring original research and analysis by BRG expert consultants.
- Press release, February 17, 2011
BRG today announced the opening of a new office in Chicago, Illinois.
- Press release, February 15, 2011
BRG announces the opening of a new office in Pittsburgh.
- Press release, February 11, 2011
BRG today announced the opening of its New York office.
- Press release, February 8, 2011
BRG has opened a new office in Houston, Texas.
- Press release, November 19, 2010
Dr. Tom Campbell has joined the firm as a director in the Emeryville, California, office.
- Press release, October 12, 2010
- Press release, July 13, 2010
BRG today announced that Dr. Laura D’Andrea Tyson has joined the firm as a special advisor.
- Press Release, July 13, 2010
BRG announced the appointment of several new experts, further bolstering its expert advisory services and range of expertise across the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and medical device sectors.