Eighth International Society of Construction Law Conference
Construction Law: Local Issues - Global Perspectives
Anamaria Popescu is the chairman of the Society of Construction Law (SCL), North America and a member of the SCL Conference committee. On September 27, she provided an introduction and welcome, and took part in the roundtable "Are Protocols Poseidon's Trident or an Achilles Heel?"
On September 27, Andres Alva took part in a panel on "Legal Aspects That Affect Claims Management."
John Jerz is a member of the SCL North America board.
BRG was a sponsor.
The Society of Construction Law has led industry discussions at events and conferences around the world for many years, and for the first time North America hosted the International Society of Construction Law Conference from September 26–28.
Global legal and construction experts explored the ins and outs of the two leading delay and disruption guides, the new loss of productivity standard, and their use. Leading practitioners discussed:
- Differences in contract interpretation
- Dispute resolution and penalty clauses around the world
- Practical management tools for mega projects
- How to embrace uncertainty and think outside the box
- Increasing risk mitigation opportunities for a competitive advantage
- Appreciating the application of technology on projects and in arbitration
The conference provided an interactive dialogue with live polling questions, opportunities for participation, and working sessions.
This conference was proudly hosted by the Society of Construction Law North America, American College of Construction Lawyers, Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.