BRG continues to provide expert witnesses in international arbitrations, providing expertise on quantum/valuation, construction issues, and industry matters. The firm has over 30 experts who have provided oral testimony to arbitral tribunals around the world, including these seven BRG experts who have received recognition in the International Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2015:
- Chairman and Principal Executive Officer Dr. David J. Teece is recognized as a “trailblazer in this field.” He has extensive experience in international arbitration and is a dual citizen of New Zealand and the United States.
- UK Chairman Richard Boulton QC is a “phenomenon,” respected for his work as a barrister in over 200 litigations, for leading several major fraud investigations, and for his background as a chartered accountant. He also acts as an expert witness. Described as “formidably bright,” he garnered votes from sources around the globe.
- Boston Director Dr. Bala Dharan is recognized for an “exemplary track record” that includes serving more than 25 times as a testifying expert in litigation and arbitration matters. He is cited as “the first port of call” for all manner of corporate issues.
- Daniel Ryan, co-head of the London office, is noted as a “perceptive and persuasive witness.” With expertise in valuations, especially in regard to businesses and intellectual property assets, he has been involved in disputes under ICSID, LCIA, ICC, and UNCITRAL rules and given evidence in the UK High Court, in fiscal courts, and to the Copyright Tribunal.
- Energy Practice Co-chair and Washington, DC, Director Christopher Goncalves is particularly renowned for his energy-sector expertise and has been involved in over a dozen arbitration proceedings under the auspices of ICSID, LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL, and AAA/ICDR.
The International Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration selects nominees based on comprehensive, independent survey work with both general counsel and private practice lawyers worldwide. Only specialists who have met independent international research criteria are listed.