Berkeley Research Group, LLC, a preeminent expert services and data analytics consulting firm, today announced the opening of a new office in Los Angeles. The addition of the office brings the firm’s total headcount to more than 250 employees working across 11 worldwide offices. The firm also has a west Los Angeles location in Century City.
“BRG comprises an elite group of experts in their fields, and we are growing at a rapid rate,” said BRG Chairman Dr. David Teece. “The experts joining us in the Los Angeles office expand our capabilities in Financial Services, Forensic Accounting, and Healthcare.”
The office will be led by Walter J. Mix III, BRG director and former Commissioner of the California Department of Financial Institutions (DFI). He also leads the financial services practice and has extensive financial services industry experience with expertise in strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, financial supervision, regulatory compliance (BSA/AML), technology and reengineering, public policy, and economic analysis.
Also joining the Los Angeles office:
- William E. Simpson, director, has more than 30 years of litigation consulting experience. Mr. Simpson has testified extensively on accounting, auditing, and business issues. He specializes in the determination of damages and in the investigation of accounting irregularities. Mr. Simpson has previously been a regional chief accountant with the Securities and Exchange Commission, an accounting professor, and a partner with multinational accounting firms.
- David Abshier, director, has over 25 years of banking and executive management experience in a variety of functions, including management and regulatory consulting/advisory, expert testimony, chief credit officer, risk assessment manager, corporate compliance manager, senior federal bank examiner, financial and credit analyst, and branch operations officer.
- Jose A. (“Tony”) Santana, director, has over 20 years of experience applying accounting, financial, and economic principles to financial investigations and litigation matters. He specializes in the analysis of complex accounting and financial reporting issues, the investigation of alleged frauds, and the determination of damages. Mr. Santana is a certified public accountant and has earned the Certified in Financial Forensics credential from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Frank Stevens, director, applies his more than 27 years of senior leadership and operations experience to advise clients and counsel regarding financial and operational improvement, strategy, M&A, feasibility analysis, turnaround and insolvency matters, forensic investigations, regulatory compliance, labor and human resource issues, third party administration, reinsurance, managed care litigation, and workers compensation matters.
- Peter D. Wrobel, director, has more than 25 years of forensic accounting and business valuation experience. Mr. Wrobel specializes in damage determination, fraud investigation, statistical, economic and cost analysis, and mathematical modeling and database development. Mr. Wrobel is a certified public accountant, a Certified Fraud Examiner, and holds the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Accreditation in Business Valuation.