Consent under the TCPA: It’s not simply “yes” or “no.”
Consent is one of the most important concepts under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. Company-threatening liabilities often hinge on whether and how a caller obtained and documented consent.
This webinar unpacked a seemingly simple concept and explored how it ranges across multiple issues, including class-certification standards, burdens of proof, damages, and indemnification from third parties. We also explored solutions available for documenting consent and using this documentation to help defeat TCPA lawsuits.
- State of consent law in key jurisdictions, including recent wrong-number cases
- Documenting consent of customers
- Documenting consent from purchased lead lists
- Best practices for beating class certification
- Potential compliance solutions
Speakers included David Kalat of BRG; William (Bill) Dolan of Jones Day; and Reid Houser of Sitel Group.