What to Expect in the Biden Administration
The Department of Justice under the Trump administration saw unprecedented turmoil and claims of politicization. With the Biden administration taking power, what can corporate America expect in the way of policy changes and enforcement priorities?
Our panel of white-collar experts held a candid conversation that touched on the following topics:
- Given President Biden’s priorities of fighting COVID, restoring the economy, promoting racial justice, and combatting climate change, what changes in focus should we expect from the Department of Justice?
- What areas of investigation might the Biden administration deemphasize?
- What can corporate America do now to be ready for new areas of scrutiny?
- What should be expected in the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) arena? Will there be increased enforcement, and if so, what activity might trigger an investigation?
- Is now a good time to settle pending prosecutions?
Listen to the event recording. Recording password is BRG2021.