Stephen Del Regno co-presented Session 5, “Offsetting LNG’s Carbon Footprint: Carbon-Neutral LNG and Its Growing Importance in Global Markets,” on August 4. He discussed topics related to carbon-neutral liquefied natural gas (LNG), including:
- Timing for carbon-neutral LNG to be commercially viable as standard
- Standards for carbon-neutral criteria (e.g., Measurement, Reporting, and Validation (MRV) standards)
- The amount of carbon-neutral LNG expected for trade in the next decade
- Carbon-neutral LNG in the Japanese market
- The consequences of carbon-neutral LNG on the value chain
The summit addressed Japan’s journey to a carbon-neutral society, the role hydrogen will play in Japan’s future, and how nations can achieve net-zero by 2050.
BRG was a Bronze sponsor for this event.