Property Insurance Claims
BRG experts are often retained immediately after a catastrophe to provide advice and guidance to the policyholder in the recovery process and to prepare claims.
Berkeley Research Group experts are often retained immediately after a catastrophe to provide advice and guidance to the policyholder in the recovery process and to prepare claims. Our experts analyze detailed financial and accounting records and operations data; develop financial models to assess losses; and prepare insurance claims that are comprehensive and well documented, and support resolution and payment of complex claims.
Policyholders and insurance companies have retained BRG experts in insurance coverage matters to quantify damages, analyze insurance recovery, provide settlement advisory services, and testify in mediations, arbitrations, and trials. With a combination of insurance claims experts, forensic accountants, economists, statisticians, and industry specialists, BRG experts prepare authoritative reports and studies.
- Identifying loss areas and strategic approaches to valuing losses
- Reviewing insurance policies for coverage grants, relevant exclusions, limits, deductibles, and other issues
- Preparing loss estimates to obtain advance payments and set appropriate reserves
- Quantifying losses associated with property damage, extra expense, business interruption, and other claims
- Preparing logical claim presentations with supporting documents and exhibits
- Communicating with the underwriter's adjusters and accountants
- Analyzing the underwriter's positions and claim adjustments
- Providing settlement advisory services, and participating in settlement negotiations
- Providing expert witness testimony on damages and claim valuation issues
- Business interruption
- Property damage
- Extra expense
- Product recall
- Builder's risk
- Directors and officers claims
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- December 12-13, 2017
- Key Team Members