Institutional Investor Advisory Services
Dedicated to providing institutional investors with independent, unbiased strategic advice to overcome challenges faced within their alternative investment portfolios
BRG’s Alternative Investment Advisory team is dedicated to providing institutional investors with independent, unbiased strategic advice to overcome challenges faced within their alternative investment portfolios.
We advise investors and LPACs on fund restructurings and recapitalizations, portfolio and direct asset sales, fund extensions, manager replacements, and fund wind-downs.
Our clients include institutional investors who rely on our focused and conflict-free advice as they manage their direct and externally managed portfolios.
BRG’s dedicated Institutional Investor Advisory Services team leverages extensive experience and expertise from professionals in the firm’s Restructuring, Investment Banking, Transaction Advisory, and Valuation practices to provide in-depth advice and creative solutions for investors.
Mature Fund Advisory
- We provide focused expert advice for LPACs and individual investors facing mature fund situations.
- After an assessment of the mature fund portfolio or single assets, we develop and execute value-recovery and liquidity strategies either as sub-advisor or replacement asset manager.
Strategic Investment Advisory
- We perform independent evaluation of portfolio investments, including material projections, identification of issues, and value-recovery planning and execution.
- We develop and execute strategic options for investors’ holdings, including asset refinancing/leveraged liquidity alternatives.
GP-Led Transaction Advisory
As the secondary market continues its rapid evolution, LPs are being presented with a growing number of complex and conflict-prone GP-led transaction proposals, such as Tender offers, Fund Restructurings and Extensions.
- We provide LPs and LPACs with a comprehensive, independent analysis of GP-led transaction proposals, including a thorough evaluation of potential options available.
- We represent the interests of all LPs and negotiate proposals with GPs and their advisors.
- We help LPACs evaluate GP-led transactions and ease the risk burden for LPAC members as they weigh options, provide GP feedback, and potentially take material decisions on behalf of LPs.
Independent Valuation and Fairness Opinions
- BRG Valuation Services provides independent portfolio valuation and transaction opinion services for private and illiquid asset owners across the entire capital structure.
- Our team helps eliminate conflict and delivers transparency to LPs by providing independent fairness opinions on fund- or asset-level transactions.
- Our broad base of experts uniquely positions BRG to deliver industry-specific depth beyond the valuation analysis typically used for financial reporting purposes.
News & Insights
- GP-Led Transactions: A Way for Limited Partners to Get the Transparency, Analysis, and Options They Want in Complex DealsJune 5, 2019
- May 9, 2019
- December 2018/January 2019
- Institutional Investor Advisory