Litigation Intelligence & Advisory
BRG professionals can provide investigative and strategic consulting support along the entire dispute spectrum, from pre-complaint to post-judgment.
Legal disputes are costly and can cause disruptions to a business’s operations. Effectively managing a dispute will prevent additional consequences, including reputational damage and stakeholders’ loss of confidence.
Our experts, many of whom are former prosecutors or practicing attorneys, work with forensic accountants and computer forensic specialists to support clients in civil litigation, criminal matters, and arbitrations, developing pertinent facts critical to achieving the desired result. We identify, preserve, and analyze electronically stored information, develop underlying factual evidence, and provide key business intelligence on adversaries, witnesses, and third parties. BRG’s litigation intelligence teams verify or refute the backgrounds of proffered experts and other witnesses; recover, analyze, and construct electronic evidence and financial records; and conduct asset searches to facilitate post-judgment collection of awards.
BRG professionals can provide investigative and strategic consulting support along the entire dispute spectrum, from pre-complaint to post-judgment. We have provided intelligence and consulted on contentious matters involving shareholder disputes, accounting fraud and employee malfeasance, theft of intellectual property, product liability class actions, environmental claims, and antitrust cases, among others.
Our experts’ services in legal disputes include:
- Developing profiles of adverse parties
- Uncovering key facts
- Providing forensic accounting support and analysis
- Identifying, locating, and interviewing potential witnesses
- Conducting investigations of adverse witnesses
- Compiling and analyzing electronic evidence
- Profiling proposed arbitrators and other third-party neutrals
- Identifying and locating assets to assist collection of judgments
Certain investigations are conducted by licensed BRG entities, including: Berkeley Research Group Texas, LLC (A18094); Berkeley Research Group Investigatory Services of Illinois, LLC (Illinois 117001723 and Michigan 3701206962); Berkeley Research Group of Florida, LLC (A 1400243); BRG Investigations, LLC f/k/a Berkeley Research Group Investigatory Services of New York, LLC (11000189295).
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
News & Commentary
- May 3, 2017
- November 7, 2016
- BRG Expands Investigation & Strategic Intelligence Practice in Asia Pacific with Appointment of Stuart WitchellOctober 19, 2016
- BRG Adds Mike Slattery as Global Senior Advisor to Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence PracticeOctober 8, 2015
- April 15, 2015