Tax & Financial Reporting Valuations
We provide objective and independent valuations to help meet complex financial reporting and tax requirements. Our work product is rigorously supported and respected by auditors, investors, and regulators.
Tax and Financial Reporting Valuations
BRG’s team of experienced valuation professionals provides objective and independent valuations to satisfy today’s complex financial reporting and tax requirements. BRG’s work product is rigorous and recognized as such by auditors, investors, and regulators.
BRG provides valuation services to fulfill financial reporting and tax requirements for corporations, funds, and investors both in the US and internationally. We value business entities and financial instruments, employing appropriate valuation methodologies compliant with applicable regulations and standards: FASB, IFRS, IVSC, SEC, and USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
BRG valuation professionals are active in dispute resolutions and have successfully defended valuation methodologies and our indications of value before most principal US courts, as well as international tax courts.
BRG valuation professionals have extensive experience performing purchase price allocations and goodwill impairment testing for US GAAP and IFRS reporting purposes and stay on top of the latest guidance on emerging issues/FASB interpretation on purchase accounting. We interact closely with our clients’ internal and outside audit teams throughout each engagement to discuss/agree upon appropriate valuation methodologies to ensure efficiency and compliance with relevant standards. We have strong working relationships with valuation professionals from each major accounting firm, thus facilitating the audit review process and eliminating issues prior to regulatory filing and investor reporting.
Our financial reporting valuation services include:
- Purchase price allocation (ASC 820, IFRS 3, IFRS 13, IAS 38)
- Goodwill impairment and asset impairment testing (ASC 350/360, IAS 36)
- Non-compete agreement valuations (ASC 805)
- Equity-based compensation (ASC 718, IFRS 2)
- Financial instruments valuation (ASC 825, IFRS 9, IAS 39)
- Fresh start accounting (ASC 852)
- Financial reporting for bankruptcy and liquidation (ASC 852)
Our valuation professionals have expertise assisting companies and their advisors in navigating evolving tax codes. We have a depth of experience in the IRS valuation space as valuation experts of C and S corporations, FLPs/LLC’s, and the quantification and defense of valuation discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability. Our team understands that successful tax planning strategies often depend on independent and credible valuation opinions, which is why leading tax attorneys and business owners turn to BRG.
Our team of professionals has in-depth knowledge of accepted valuation approaches and valuation methodologies and develops comprehensive, objective analyses concluding on indications of value that are supportable, based on latest market data and valuation industry guidelines.
Our tax reporting valuation services include:
- Purchase price allocations for asset purchases (IRC §338 and IRC §1060)
- Non-compete agreement valuations (IRC §280G)
- Net operating loss limitations and built-in gains (IRC §382)
- IRC §409A stock compensation valuation
- IRC §861 interest allocation calculations
- Cancellation of debt income (IRC §108)
- Taxable reorganizations (IRC §368)
- Worthless stock deduction (IRC §165)
- Transfer pricing (IRC §482)
- C-Corp to S-Corp conversion (IRC §1374)
- Cost segregation (IRC §1245 and IRC §1250)
- Gift and estate tax
- Real and personal property tax valuation
BRG’s valuation team brings extensive industry experience through years of working with the world’s leading corporations, investment funds, investors, and accounting firms. The team is comprised of senior accredited valuation experts holding credentials including the CFA, ASA, CPA and MBA. Our professionals deliver USPAP-compliant work (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice).
Our professionals have a unique blend of experience and have worked in a variety of valuation roles, such as:
- Client representation before IRS agents and supervisors
- Alternative investment management
- SEC examination readiness advisory
- Big Four audit firms’ valuation audit support
Our valuation team provides unparalleled insight into the impacts of current and future macroeconomic, industry, market, and regulatory risks on each valuation. In addition, we add meaningful depth to the valuation process through BRG’s global network of senior industry consultants, who contribute substantial industry experience and knowledge.
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- Financial & Tax Reporting Valuations