Higher Education: Financial Fraud and Accounting Analysis
- Serving as outside consultant providing forensic accounting and technology support to a chain of schools under investigation by the Department of Justice for alleged misuse of money awarded to the schools for internet connectivity projects from the Universal Access Fund.
- Served as consulting expert for two for-profit universities facing cases claiming that graduate outcome statistics published by the schools and used in recruitment were false and misleading. Investigated the source of the published statistics and provided benchmarks for use in defense of the claims.
- Investigated shortfall in the type and amount of collateral supporting securitized student-loan financing facilities.
- Served as a consulting expert for a for-profit tutoring company whose executives were indicted on charges that they allegedly bribed school officials and submitted false billing and student progress reports. The assignment involved statistical analysis and review of all accounting, billing, and program records.
* Note that some engagements took place prior to an expert joining BRG.