BRG London: Company Profile
BRG London: Privacy Statement
Complex Problems. Expert Advice.
Associate Application Privacy Statement
- Background: This Privacy Statement describes how we, Berkeley Research Group UK Limited (‘BRG-UK’, ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ being interpreted accordingly), handles personal information about you (‘personal data’) which we collect as part of our associate recruitment scheme. Please note that BRG-UK is committed to respecting your legal rights under relevant data protection law including the Data Protection Act 1998 (‘DPA’) (as may be amended). If you do not agree to your personal data being processed in any of the ways described in this Privacy Statement, please do not submit an application.
- Why we collect personal data: To apply online for an associate vacancy with BRG-UK you will have to complete an online application form and include certain personal data about yourself such as your contact details; personal circumstances; education or employment history and other biographical information that you may choose to provide.
- What we use your personal data for: We will only use personal data you submit in accordance with this Privacy Statement or otherwise with your express consent. The information that you submit will enable BRG-UK to manage and decide whether to proceed or not with your application. We may sometimes pass this personal data to other legal entities within Berkeley Research Group (although this will be solely in relation to managing or considering your application in accordance with this Privacy Statement). In some cases information may be requested by external agencies such as the police, regulatory authorities or the courts. However, we will only pass your personal data to external parties where we reasonably believe that we have a legal responsibility to do so.
- Accuracy of your information: Please note that when you submit your application, you represent and warrant that the information you provide to us is accurate and complete in all material respects. If you provide us with the name and personal details of a referee or another third party, you should make sure that this is only done with that person’s prior consent.
- For how long do we hold on to information? We will retain your form only for as long as is reasonably necessary to deal with your job application. Please note that we may still however hold your name and contact details on our recruitment database for a longer period: for up to three years or for no longer than is necessary in accordance with our applicable legal obligations (whichever is the lesser) in order to determine whether you may have applied to us for a position previously.
- Security: Appropriate security measures will be taken to safeguard personal data that you provide from unauthorised access or improper use in accordance with our legal obligations under the DPA. Please note however that the transmission of any information through this website or over a public communications network cannot in general be guaranteed to be completely secure or free from corruption.
- Your rights: To the maximum extent legally permitted, this Privacy Statement is governed by English law. Without prejudice to any legal rights you have, we may amend this Privacy Statement, so please check that you have seen the most up-to-date version. In accordance with your legal rights under the DPA, you may withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data at any time, although we will no longer be able to proceed with your application if you do so. You may also seek information about the personal data that we currently hold about you in accordance with the DPA. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us at the email address below.
- Contact us: If you would like to contact us with any request or questions concerning the issues raised in this Privacy Statement, please contact us at UKRecruiting@thinkbrg.com.