BRG London: Company Profile
Complex problems. Expert advice.
BRG is expert-centric—formed and led by experts who have built an economic and financial consulting organisation that is entrepreneurial and collaborative. Our experts and consultants work globally on behalf of corporations, individuals, and governments in major sectors of the economy including healthcare, banking, information technology, energy, construction, and real estate. We have offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Asia, Africa, Australia, Canada, Latin America, and the Middle East and are headquartered in Emeryville, California.
We navigate dynamic business environments and client issues as legal, regulatory, and analytical frameworks change. We provide clients with a valuable combination of industry and technical expertise, an association with cutting-edge academic scholars, and an internal culture of collaboration.
The key areas of our London organisation are:
- Expert Witness and Litigation Services in Commercial Disputes and International Arbitration
- Finance and Business Valuation
- Economic Consulting, Regulation and Business Strategy
- Competition Policy and Antitrust
- Intellectual Property Advice and Valuation
- Forensic Accounting and Investigation
- Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) Advisory
- Construction Claims and Advisory
- Complex Financial Instruments Analysis
Cases on which BRG experts have worked include:
- Provided a valuation opinion in relation to a data-security software technology with particular application in the cloud-computing area. The valuation required estimating the size of the relevant market, assessing the relative strength of the technology compared to competing products, and calculating the value that could be extracted from the technology by a range of potential purchasers.
- Provided expert economic input for a UK grocery retailer in the context of UK competition authority investigations throughout the last decade. These cases ranged from monopoly reviews to merger cases and market investigations and involved analyses of a complete range of competition issues.
- Led the restructuring, and was appointed chairman, of a consumer products manufacturing company in France. The restructuring was both financial and operational, with a change from a “manufacturing to stock” to a “manufacturing to order” process. Within 24 months, the company went from an operating profit margin of -10 percent to +8 percent. Working capital efficiency was optimised, and the workforce was substantially reassigned/reduced with no industrial disruption.
- In a bilateral investment treaty dispute, produced expert reports and analyses regarding the damages suffered by one party as a result of their alleged exclusion from the privatisation process of a state-owned metal processing plant in Eastern Europe. The manufacturer argued that had it been allowed to participate, and had it succeeded, in the tender process it would have been able to extract significant synergistic value from the incorporation of the state-owned plant into its existing business. The experts modelled the specific plant being reviewed and its markets, thereby enabling a quantification of the value of the individual plant to the manufacturer.
For more information on the London office, please visit the Privacy Statement page.
BRG is an authorised training employer (ATE) for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).