William (“Bill”) Marquardt is a director in BRG's Global Investigations + Strategic Intelligence practice and is based in Miami, Florida. He has significant experience in the areas of compliance audit and consulting (including Sarbanes-Oxley and FCPA), risk management, corporate investigations, operations, finance, forensic accounting, credit analysis, and executive management. At BRG, Mr. Marquardt advises large multinational clients in assessing their internal control environments, with a specific focus on FCPA compliance programs. During his tenure at other management consulting firms, he participated in numerous corporate fraud, forensic accounting, and internal investigations for multinational organizations, and provided forensic accounting and investigative support on construction projects involving a range of issues such as contractor fraud, contact evaluations, construction cost review, and change order evaluations covering materials, labor, and construction-delay cost claims.
Mr. Marquardt has also held various senior-level positions in large multinational corporations in the United States, and Latin America. He served as the CFO of a multinational consulting firm and held management and executive management positions within AB Volvo, including acting as president and CFO of two Andean-region captive finance companies headquartered in Lima, Peru. Mr. Marquardt also served on the board of directors of Volvo’s Insurance Company.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Marquardt served as a director in the Northeast Risk Advisory Practice of a Big Four accounting firm, where he advised large publicly held companies with internal audit operations, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and improvement efforts, financial re-statements, and SEC compliance projects.
Mr. Marquardt began his professional career with one of the largest public accounting firms in the world. He holds a BBA (cum laude) in accounting and real estate from the University of Cincinnati and an MBA with a concentration in international business from the University of Miami. He is a Certified Public Accountant and holds several other professional certifications.
University of Miami
MBA, International Business, 2005
University of Cincinnati
BBA, Accounting & Real Estate, 1992
2013 - 2015
The Highland Consulting Group
2011 - 2013
News & Insights
- Bloomberg Law Securities Regulation & Law ReportFebruary 6, 2017
- AIRA Journal 30:3Third Quarter 2016
- GAB | The Global Anticorruption BlogAugust 29, 2016
- Pharmaceutical Compliance MonitorJanuary 22, 2016
- Corporate Compliance InsightsDecember 10, 2015
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- January 26, 2017
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists
- Institute of Management Accountants
- TRACE - Anti-Bribery Compliance Solutions
- Association of Certified Financial Crimes Specialists
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors