Jay Borow has over 30 years of experience in bankruptcy, turnaround, restructuring, forensic and financial investigations, and litigation consulting.
Mr. Borow has extensive experience advising companies and/or debtors through the restructuring and bankruptcy process, as well as advising creditors and creditors’ committees including secured lenders, banks, financial institutions, lender groups, bondholders, and unsecured creditors.
Mr. Borow has also served as responsible person, examiner, and financial advisor to the trustee in numerous restructuring and bankruptcy matters. He has acted as receiver and financial advisor to the receiver in several cases brought by the Federal Trade Commission, as well as chief restructuring officer and receiver of a specialty manufacturing and distribution company.
Before joining BRG Capstone, Mr. Borow was a senior managing director in the Bankruptcy and Restructuring practice of FTI Consulting and a predecessor firm for over 12 years. Previously, he was a member of Arthur Andersen & Co.'s New York Bankruptcy and Reorganization practice. At Spicer and Oppenheim (a national accounting firm), he was the co-partner in charge of the New York Bankruptcy practice and a member of the firm's National Accounting and Auditing Standards Committee.
1999 - 2004
Kahn Consulting Inc.
1992 - 1999
Arthur Andersen & Co.
1990 - 1992
Spicer and Oppenheim
1973 - 1990
News & Insights
- BRG Holiday Retail Outlook ReportAugust 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November 23, 2015
News & Commentary
- Loyalty360September 12, 2016
- Drug Store NewsAugust 23, 2016
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
Association of Fraud Examiners
American Bankruptcy Institute
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Financial Services - Corporate Finance
- Gaming, Lodging, & Hospitality - Corporate Finance
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals - Corporate Finance
- Infrastructure & Energy - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate & Construction - Corporate Finance
- Retail & Wholesale Distribution - Corporate Finance
- Telecommunications - Corporate Finance