Bob Butler specializes in providing operating and financial restructuring advisory, crisis management, change agent, and other operational improvement advisory services. He has 34 years of diverse operational, sales and financial consulting, executive management, and public accounting experience in public and private companies.
Since May 2013, Mr. Butler has provided operating and financial advisory services as debtor advisor to New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co., Inc. Since early 2009, Mr. Butler has provided debtor advisory services to companies, including performing as chief restructuring officer of Spheris Inc. in its successful bankruptcy matter. He has extensive experience in complex bankruptcy and litigation matters (NRG Energy, Mirant, Tropicana Entertainment, Dynegy, and Enron).
Mr. Butler has significant experience in developing and implementing operational and financial improvements for companies, divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, post-merger integration, cost-reduction initiatives, operational turnaround activities, and a range of publicly and privately held company financial and accounting issues.
Before joining BRG Capstone, Mr. Butler acted as an executive director with Capstone Advisory Group, LLC. Previously, he was managing director at the Policano & Manzo legacy practice of FTI Consulting. Prior to his restructuring experience, he was executive vice president of a beverage manufacturer and vice president of Business Development with a professional services provider. He has over 29 years of management and operating experience in public accounting, including at the audit partner level.
University of Arizona
Capstone Advisory Group, LLC
Policano & Manzo
News & Insights
News & Commentary
- BRG press releaseJune 1, 2015
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Consumer Products & Apparel - Corporate Finance
- Entertainment & Media - Corporate Finance
- Financial Services - Corporate Finance
- Gaming, Lodging, & Hospitality - Corporate Finance
- Infrastructure & Energy - Corporate Finance
- Manufacturing, Metals & Mining - Corporate Finance
- Professional & Other Services- Corporate Finance
- Real Estate & Construction - Corporate Finance
- Technology - Corporate Finance
- Telecommunications - Corporate Finance