BRG’s Energy Group Expands Team for Unconventional Resources and Integrated Gas and Power
Global expert services and consulting firm Berkeley Research Group has significantly increased its advisory capabilities in the energy and natural resources industries with the addition of several new senior members, bringing world-class expertise to advising clients in an increasingly complex and competitive global energy marketplace.
“We are very pleased to announce the addition of seven new experts and senior staff over the last few months, substantially enhancing our worldwide capabilities and deepening the Energy practice’s strategic, commercial, transactional, and dispute advisory expertise in relation to shale gas production, natural gas and LNG midstream, integrated gas and power, and renewable energy,” said Energy practice Co-Chair Christopher Goncalves. He added, “The new expert additions in our Washington, DC, Houston, California, and London offices increase our presence and capabilities in the Americas and Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) energy markets.”
“With the addition of these new experts, the BRG Energy practice is quickly becoming a leading source of expertise in relation to LNG development and commercial matters, as well as unconventional oil and gas resource acquisition and development,” said BRG Chairman and Principal Executive Officer, and Energy practice Co-Chair, David J. Teece. “We are delighted that energy is quickly becoming one of BRG’s leading industry practices,” he said.
BRG’s newest additions include:
- Gardner W. Walkup, Jr., who joins as a director in the Washington, DC, office, is an energy executive and trusted advisor to corporate management and board of directors. He has more than 25 years of experience developing and implementing innovative strategies across the energy value chain. With a keen understanding of geopolitical, economic, commercial, operational, and technical risks, he has experience in more than 30 countries involving capital investments of more than $300 billion. Mr. Walkup was most recently a member of the Executive Leadership team of the AES Corporation. He has also held global leadership positions in a number of management consulting firms.
- Rick Chamberlain, a director in the Houston office, is an oil and gas professional with deep experience in unconventional resource valuation, unconventional and conventional resource assessment, monetization strategy development, and field development planning. He is an expert in exploration and production (E&P) mega-project management, and has experience in more than 25 countries involving capital investments of more than $200 billion. Mr. Chamberlain most recently held leadership positions for the E&P consulting services within the Americas for IHS.
- Adrian Reed, also a director based in Houston, has 24 years of energy industry experience, from oil and gas to power and LNG; from engineering and planning to finance, trading and marketing, and enterprise risk management—through periods of expansion and retrenchment—in the United States and the Middle East. He most recently was the chief planning and risk officer with Qatargas in Doha, Qatar, where he helped drive significant improvements for the world’s largest LNG and related products producer with nearly $48 billion in revenues. Mr. Reed will join in June.
- Chris Gulick, a director based in Emeryville, brings 32 years of experience in the energy industry to expert analysis and testimony in energy litigation and arbitration matters, and business advisory services in the areas of strategic planning, commercial strategy, contract negotiation, economic and market analysis, impact of regulatory changes, project development, and asset acquisitions and divestitures.
- Dr. Adam Borison, also a director based in Emeryville, is an internationally recognized and widely published expert in decision analysis, real options, optimization, risk analysis, and related methods. He has 25 years of direct and advisory experience applying these methods at the senior executive level with a particular focus on electric power, oil and gas, and biofuels.
- Dr. Rebecca Honeyfield, a principal based in San Diego, offers broad experience providing business advisory services in the areas of North American LNG exports and natural gas project development. She specializes in natural gas economic and market analysis, including long-term natural gas market outlooks and storage valuations. She holds a Ph.D. in applied mathematics from the University of California, Davis.
- Simon Ede, a principal based in London, is an economist with over 15 years of experience working within and as an advisor to companies across European, U.S., African, Middle Eastern, and Asian oil, gas, and electricity markets. He has a broad range of business advisory project experience that comprises transaction support, market analysis and forecasting, strategy development and planning, organization design, and auctions projects. He has provided expert analysis, reports, and testimony in litigation and arbitration proceedings in gas and power markets.
BRG’s new members join the Energy team:
- Christopher Goncalves, director and Energy practice co-chair in Washington, DC, has over 22 years of international experience in the energy and financial industries. He has broad experience with expert analysis and testimony in international energy litigation and arbitration matters, and business advisory expertise in strategic business planning, commercial strategy, contract negotiation, economic and market analysis, regulatory assessments, project development and financing, asset acquisitions and divestitures, and international carbon markets.
- Daniel E. White, also a director based in Washington, DC, has had a range of commercial, regulatory, and arbitration energy experience and responsibilities over his 34-year career, including 18 years of international experience in over 20 countries. He has been involved in markets and business opportunities assessments, contract negotiations, project structuring, strategic business planning, expert testimony, due diligence reviews for investors and lenders, valuation, operational planning, risk management program development, and managing businesses. His activities have related to natural gas, pipelines, LNG, oil and oil products, coal, electricity, industrial efficiency, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Anthony J. Melling, a principal based in London, has over 20 years of natural gas and LNG industry commercial experience with leading international energy and E&P companies, plus 12 years of international consultancy experience. He offers expertise in natural gas markets, pricing, and commercial terms throughout the EMEA region and worldwide.
- +44 (0) 20 3725 8376
- +44 (0) 20 3725 8350